Go Down

Topic: Detaching a digital servo in arduino (Read 86 times) previous topic - next topic

iamashwin99

I want to detach a digital servo (1171MG ) to make it rotate freely I was able to do this with an analogue servo (MG996, Futaba s3003) using servo.detach previously.

I tried detaching the servo in the program, but I cant change its orientation, as the last sent value is stored in some kind internally and maintains its angle even I unplug the signal pin of the servo from the Arduino and resets only after I remove the power. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

vinceherman

I want to detach a digital servo (1171MG ) to make it rotate freely I was able to do this with an analogue servo (MG996, Futaba s3003) using servo.detach previously.

I tried detaching the servo in the program, but I cant change its orientation, as the last sent value is stored in some kind internally and maintains its angle even I unplug the signal pin of the servo from the Arduino and resets only after I remove the power. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Perhaps the 1171MG has a signal loss feature that retains its last commanded position.  But I could not find it in any online document.

Johan_Ha

Rotate freely? Servos don't do that. They have gears that cause high stress on the output axis, if an outer force rotates it. Though your metal gear servo might stand the stress, I wouldn't design a system that is based on an outer force twisting a servo.

If you ask for help and write 'u' instead of 'you' because you think it's convenient, I will write 'no' instead of 'yes'. For same reasons.

Go Up