Arduino 1.0.3 wont load

Hi guys,
Just downloaded Arduino 1.0.3 im a first time user in arduino.
The loading green screen shows but after that it disappears and nothing happens. How can I solve this?

Thanks,
Sharon

I didn't even get to write any code, it just wont upload the program after the first screen :expressionless:

high_rolla_custom:
I too am a first timer I have no clue why none of the 34 codes I tryed using didnt work.

So create your own thread since your issue has nothing to do with the original poster's question.

Make sure you post the code you are trying to compile AND copy/paste the error messages. Otherwise no one will be able to help you. Also you might consider going to SainSmart for support, since it is their board.

sharonf:
The loading green screen shows but after that it disappears and nothing happens. How can I solve this?

Operating System?

That post moved to Programming.

Another Newbie: I hope I am in the right area.
In my case it appears to be loaded when onscreen it seems to work with all the dropdown boxes etc.
But on going through and following the FAQ's I cant find it anywhere in "device manager"
Using Win7, have downloaded & reloaded a few times but still not evident. What am I not doing right?
P/S
When plugged in without being initiated on screen the board has the power light on and orange flashes on and off at approx 1 sec intervals.

Thanks in advance