Xbee Coordinator API

I'm trying to update the firmware from Router AT to Coordinator API using X-CTU Next Gen. I work with arduino One and the Xbee Shield for Xbee module series2.

The module programmation is OK but after applying the new configuration X-CTU needs to add again the module. Then I re-add the module but here is the problem (device not found). X-CTU does not recognize the module. I tried also to reset the module when the action is required.

However, if I use the old version X-CTU legacy, the module is recognized with the new firmware (Coordinator API). I think X-CTU legacy is not allowed on iOS and i usually work with a mac.

Thank you very much.

What Shield are you using? can you post a link/picture?

When programming the xbee, is the atmegaxx8 attached?

I attach the set up picture: the arduino Shield and Xbee.

When programming the Xbee, the atmegaxx8 is attached. However, I program the Arduino with a null code because I don´t want to
pull the chip.

Thanks for your reply.

When programming the Xbee, the atmegaxx8 is attached. However, I program the Arduino with a null code because I don´t want to
pull the chip.

The bootloader is still there, interfering with the communication between the PC and the XBee.

Either get a USB Explorer, such as SparkFun XBee Explorer USB - WRL-11812 - SparkFun Electronics, pull the chip, or continue having problems. Your choice.

I don't know if this can damage the controller but this is what I do to bypass the chip:

! Perform with caution !

1. Connect a wire to reset and pull it to the ground of arduino.

I've read it in a forum. Sir PaulS may have a strong opinion not to do this but it works for me. Just be careful, okay? :drooling_face: