Tianenmen Square 1989 - The Truth & Falun Gong. Free Tibet

I know very little of any of these topics, but if it helps stem the flood on this forum from Chinese spammers by getting parts blocked by the Great Firewall, I can only hope it does some good.
I'm more than a little p155ed off tidying up after the sods.

?????
???
????

Short fact sheets:
They are all spammers for sure, except me in this post. Most of you westerners should know what these concepts really are since your governments already flooded the media with their flavors of the facts. #%@ me if you like but it is the Bar. On the other hand, with fear of distancing myself from the rest of the forum, who are mostly western. I will probably never post anything. So I wasted an hour typing nothing. Peace. Peace.

But you don't have a 163.com or yeah.net email account, and I didn't say all Chinese are spammers.
If you can come up with a better way of stopping these spammers, I'd be delighted to hear it, bearing in mind I have fewer weapons against them than you might think.
If you want to spend your time cleaning up after them, please, apply to be a mod.

liudr:
They are all spammers for sure, except me in this post.

Says the man with 43,200 pixels and four links in his signature. ]:smiley:

(As far as I'm concerned, you're always welcome here, liudr. I'm just rocking your boat.)

Most of you westerners should know what these concepts really are since your governments already flooded the media with their flavors of the facts.

Ah, but that can be removed by simply turning off the TV, radio, whatever. Spam has to be actively removed and blocked requiring time and effort.

Peace. Peace.

Back at ya.

if it helps stem the flood

Clever. I hope it helps.

Just for information, between 12:27 and 16:08 today, there happened to be five attempts to login by three different banned accounts, all from the same IP address registered in China, all with either 163.com or yeah.net accounts.
The new one that did get through today posted 36 very repetitive ads across the forum before I spotted and banned the account.
That took about 30 seconds.
The cleanup took much longer.
As did the one yesterday, and the one on the day before that.

AWOL:
Just for information, between 12:27 and 16:08 today, there happened to be five attempts to login by three different banned accounts, all from the same IP address registered in China, all with either 163.com or yeah.net accounts.
The new one that did get through today posted 36 very repetitive ads across the forum before I spotted and banned the account.
That took about 30 seconds.
The cleanup took much longer.
As did the one yesterday, and the one on the day before that.

Is there any way to enforce a period (maybe 3 days) within which the newly registered members can only post 3 threads every 24 hours? That may force lots of them spammers away. Just don't tell them how long the period is :wink:

@AWOL, happy to help but my semesters are horrible (buried by homework to the neck) as everyone else teaching here. Can I be a seasonal mod only for summers?
163 126, 263, etc are sources of easy registrations and spam emails. I even had registered emails from these places but stopped using them because I received too many spam emails in these accounts.

@Coding badly, now you will have to use your reading glasses :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm just the janitor.
I have a padlock (after the event) and a mop (also after the event)
Anyone else want them?

AWOL:
I'm just the janitor.
I have a padlock (after the event) and a mop.
Anyone else want them?

That sucks. Where are the building coordinators with all the keys?

I realise it's probably not much help but I run a small forum. To try and dissuade spammers I send a confirmation to the e-mail address given with a link to confirm the submission. You can't stop them if they are determined but you can always make it more difficult!

Why doesn't the software have a "delete entire posting history" button?

liudr:
@Coding badly, now you will have to use your reading glasses :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you make it smaller or is that a side-effect of someone changing the link font size?

I didn't do anything :roll_eyes: It's your eyes from programming too much :wink:
There is a w=??? option for picture size on wordpress.com that I am exploiting so it's easy to change size. I don't know about font size though.

It's your eyes from programming too much

Too much SQL. Oh, where is Diane Brown?

I don't know about font size though.

It's because someone has changed the styles. Probably in response to this...
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,82922.0.html