controlling a actuator by canbus

Hello, First post here.
I'd like to know if I can use the arduino to control a delfia actuator vi j1939 can ? I don't need to power it as I have power source, I just need to send the (right) signal to get it to move. I'm just needing to move it to whatever position I call for . Can this be done ? T
hanks !

Nothing ? Am I asking the right questions or in the wrong place ?

Hello. It took me some digging to even find out what you are talking about. I searched for delphia actuator. Second in the list of hits for that search was your own post. A search for delphi actuators was much more rewarding. Now I knew what a delphi actuator is and I guessed that version 1 (vi) was meant to read 'via'. So then I did a search for delphi actuator arduino and came up with this: delphia actuator - Google Search

Perhaps the reason you didn't get a response is that noone knew what you were talking about.

• Scotty

You will get a better response if you post a qualified question.
What signal do you actually need? a link to something describing the actuator interface would help.

There are CAN-BUS shields available, perhaps that helps.

Sorry for the confusions, I did not know how to word my question..
The actuator is a Delphi sra and has four wires coming out of it. Two are for 12v, two are canbus . Everything I know about it says it uses the j1939 can signal.

Well I've looked and looked but I can't find much on this actuator. Maybe that's why I got them for free ! They came off a turbo and the Delphi site says they can be PWM or CAN. I don't mind buying a can shield if it would work. How does one go about figuring out what signal a actuator would need if you don't know already ?