How to upload 3d party libraries into sketch folder and make them appear.

Hi All,

Having problems with "including" 3d party libraries, for example #include <avr/interrupt.h>

I am using Arduino 0022 the UNO board.

Having been searching on Google, Bing, you name it. Having seen others having trouble and asking directions with the same
issue but yet to see any exact directions ( that I can use ).

I like the Arduino concept very much, like the documentation, tutorials, examples, etc etc as for no other board/software.

The above subject however, seems to sit in a black hole ?? Even the Arduino webpages don't provide any hard info ( for me at least. )
Published info there, seems to be written by somebody who has never tried to do the procedure(s).

So, I hope somebody can direct me on how to get the avr/interrupt.h file into the so called to create "library" in the sketch folder etc etc.
Directions that work for Arduino0222 and so that I can just select and down load the file into the source file for a sketch from the
sketch folder, as I believe, one should be able to do.

There has to be a way to do this as many published sketches use include files.

Is it perhaps that the procedure for later versions of Arduino ,,,, has been changed and the directions on the Arduino pages have not been
updated?.

The problem is probably a path problem.

Exact directions for Arduino0022, so that i can just select and down load the file into the source file for a sketch.

If I sound to be frustrated, I apologize in advance.

My thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rein Smit

interrupt.h is not a really a third party library file, it's part of the Arduino 'core' files. Here is the path to it in my Windows XP system. It is loaded by several of the Arduino library files.

C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\My Programs\Arduino\arduino-0022\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr

When wishing to install third party library into your PC, you first must create a folder named libraries in the same folder that holds your sketches. Here is what my 3rd party library folder looks like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\Arduino\libraries

16 Folders:

Bounce
Button
DS1307
EasyTransfer
Flash
FreqCount
FreqMeasure
MsTimer2
NewSoftSerial
Playtune
SoftEasyTransfer
Streaming
String
Tone
WString
__MACOSX

0 Files:

And here is the typical contents of one of the library folders, note that the .h and .cpp files must have the same name as the library folder name:

C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\MsTimer2

1 Folders:

examples

3 Files:

MsTimer2.cpp
MsTimer2.cpp.patch
MsTimer2.h

Hope that helps.

HI,

It certainly did!. also thanks for the other info.

Regards,

Rein Smit