Servo motor wires don't match the order of the ilustration

The servo motor in my Arduino Uno starter kit is wired in a different order then the illustration. Does anyone know if i can change the order of my pins going into the servo motor so that the control goes between power and ground? On my motor the cables come out of the motor in the correct order but become twisted so that the (white) control wire is in the middle of the connector that attaches to my bread board. The illustration shows power in the middle with a 100uf capacitor connected to the same strips respectively as the power and ground. I would have to jump the strip that my control was connected to to do so. I could also probably jump the power and ground to new strips and put the capacitor on those. I'm reluctant to just try as the book that came with my kit has warned me of exploding 100uf capacitors;

EXPLODING CAPACITORS!

Thanks in advance for any help.

What kind of servo is it?

Anymore, most servos use the same pinout = signal (white or yellow) - power (red, in the middle) - gnd (black). That's pretty straightforward. If yours are twisted, then untwist them.

The whole purpose of starter level beginning type experiments is to get you familiar with the parts and with how things work.

It doesn't matter if the wires coming out of the servo are green, yellow, and purple or red, white, and black. Or if they twist or don't twist.

What you need to focus on is what they do and how you make them work. The colors are simply conventions to impart a little information.

The red wire is probably power. It needs to be hooked to a voltage source. For just a servo, it probably doesn't need a capacitor to smooth power, but point a search engine at that topic if you are interested. The black wire is probably ground. It needs to go to ground. The white one is probably signal. That is how the Arduino controls the servo. Again the colors and twists don't matter- focus on the functions. You don't just blindly put this 3 pin header in to that 3 pin header. You connect power to power, ground to ground, signal to signal. If you have to adapt and overcome to accomplish that, changing this or changing that, that is what you do.

Why would a capacitor explode? Point a search engine at that topic and find out. As long as you don't hook up a polarized capacitor backwards you will be fine. Pay attention to the flows and the circuit, know the functions, and you'll be fine.

My servo motor is an SM-S2309S. The twisted wires end with a connector that puts the wires into position. The book has me then connecting to my bread board using the header pins. I had thought about cutting off the connector and soldering each wire to a jump wire that I could put into the proper order connecting ground to ground, power to power and control to the Arduino. Then it occurred to me that I could just put the jump wires into the connector attached to the wires on the servo motor and since they are flexible, where as the header pins are not, bend them to make the proper connections.
Thank you for taking the time to help.

AlGoulding:
Then it occurred to me that I could just put the jump wires into the connector attached to the wires on the servo motor and since they are flexible, where as the header pins are not, bend them to make the proper connections.

Adapt and overcome! That's what I'm talking about!

I not heard of that servo before, but the info indicates standard pinout - "(compatible with most RC receivers including FUTABA, SANWA and HITEC)" = signal - power - gnd arrangement.
http://robotbits.co.uk/motors-gearboxes/sm-s2309s-micro-servo/prod_66.html

That bit about exploding has me concerned too.
Attached is the image of my servo motor, with the illustration of the wiring identification panel on the side.
It is an SM-S2309S that came with my Arduino Uno Starter Kit.
I'm ASSUMING Black is ground, Red is 5V, and White is Signal,
but the illustration on the side does not conform to may assumption.
The way I read this illustration is White=GND, Red=Signal, Black=5V.
How can I test this without exploding my kit or computer?

ServoWires.jpg

I would need to see the other end of the cable to determine if the graphics is in error or not.

Lefty

Thanks for your help, Lefty.
Attached is another photo.
I added the numbers in black on the "white plug" at the end of the motor wires ( the female connector).
The male header pins were added by me from the kit.
My number first- then what is stamped onto the "white plug"- and the color of the wire at that point:
1 - 1 - Black
2 - 2510 - White
3 - EC127 - Red

Looks correct to me.

Thank you!