Controlling High Voltage impulse with Arduino

Hello!

I'd like to create my own ignition control system by using arduino. Know how to make program and compute ignition map. I am using motorcycle engine with CDI. Just want to use arduino for control spark and creating my own ignition map. My problem is module for controlling high voltage impulse from coil.
Have an low voltage impulse from engine which signals me about engine rpm. With these data I can easily compute ignition advance. Don't know what I can use to controll about 400V single impulse from 1uf capacitor. What do you think about this?

The normal switches used are thyristor or IGBT. An IGBT probably needs a gate driver chip to
get the rapid switching needed, and has the advantage over the thyristor in being explicitly switched
off rather than relying on current falling below a threshold.

You have an existing CDI unit with 400V power supply?

Well. This isn't power supply. There's a power coil in engine which generate about 200V per one rotate. This charge 400V 1uf capacitor then this impulse go to induction coil which generate about few kV voltage for spark plug. I just want to control this output which allows me to create my own ignition map. At this moment CDI just pass power coil voltage when got a low voltage impulse for pulser in engine which signals shaft's position. I was thinking about the thyristor but don't know how arduino behaves with controlling max 400V impulse with 5V from arduino.

This charge 400V 1uf capacitor

The 400V on the capacitor is not the voltage it charges up to, it is the maximum voltage that it can withstand before it is damaged or destroyed.

There's a power coil in engine which generate about 200V

So why should the capacitor charge to any other voltage. Is this 200V AC or rectified, peak or RMS?

I would have thought you do not want to control 400V at all.

At this moment CDI just pass power coil voltage when got a low voltage impulse for pulser in engine which signals shaft's position.

So that pulse is the one you want to use as an input to the Arduino. If you get a thyristor get one with a built in optically isolated gate, or add an external one.

Note large kV pulses in the vicinity of the Arduino will cause EMI which might stop it working or reset it. Preventing this is the biggest challenge you face here.

Hi
With this 400V it was my bad. This is max voltage as you say. Low voltage impulse is around 0.5-2.0V so I can easily check this parameter with arduino. So thyristor will be fine option?

So thyristor will be fine option?

Good to start with.