[Resolved] Can I add code to github without creating a subfolder?

Since google code is shutting down, I decide to try github. I created a repo selecting an existing folder. But instead of uploading the content of that existing folder, github creates a subfolder with the name of the repo. I had to copy my code into this subfolder in order to make github windows client recognize there are "new" files. It's a bit annoying. For arduino code, I can see that this still works, just having an additional folder structure. What if I have an eclipse project that has its project folder? Can't I just tell github the project folder name of my eclipse project so there won't be any new folder created and github uploads everything under that folder?

I'm using windows client.

Thanks.

OK I found the answer here:

I didn't follow the "for window users" note and it still works fine. If you are new to github and want to add your existing project to github, this instruction is for you.

There are lots of things I dislike about Github - their choice of almost invisible pale grey fonts is high on the list.

Also, why isn't there just a simple option to upload a zip file without having to become a Git / Github disciple.
I have no interest in using multi-developer version control (even if I could understand it).

...R

Robin2:
There are lots of things I dislike about Github - their choice of almost invisible pale grey fonts is high on the list.

Also, why isn't there just a simple option to upload a zip file without having to become a Git / Github disciple.
I have no interest in using multi-developer version control (even if I could understand it).

...R

Guess we are the minority here. I too wish for a simple .zip file hosting. Much simpler for me and for intended users.

liudr:
Guess we are the minority here. I too wish for a simple .zip file hosting. Much simpler for me and for intended users.

I have used Google Drive.

...R

I'll give that a try. I already have dropbox and onedrive. Maybe try the dropbox share first to see how it goes. Does google drive have number of downloads and some place to post some feedback?

liudr:
Does google drive have number of downloads and some place to post some feedback?

I didn't explore it enough to know.

...R