works with UNO, not Attiny85

Hi all
(please see my code in zip file)
i am trying to upload my text scroller program with to attiny85, it works with 8x32 matrix, but after i add 16x16 functions, i got this:

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr25/crttn85.o: In function __vector_default': (.vectors+0xa): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol __vector_5' defined in .text.__vector_5 section in core.a(wiring.c.o)
core.a(main.cpp.o): In function main': /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/main.cpp:15: relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against undefined symbol serialEventRun()'

seems it's a system problem, any ideas please? appreciate!

LED_Animation_0820.zip (5.45 KB)

Can't reproduce the problem, it compiles clean for me.
I'm using the Arduino-Tiny core. Which are you using?

hi many thanks

i am using attiny85, is that what you asked?

did you turn the 8x8 font off? so it goes to 16x16 format.

#define FONT_8x8 0

http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/issues/detail?id=58&can=1&q=R_AVR_13_PCREL

very well...i am downloading the dmg, may i know what is it exactly? you never know what happens...

I'm not a Mac user. I have no idea what a "dmg" is.

ok, i'll study through it, big thank!

OMG it works.......i really really hate/love programming, thank you man.

You are welcome. I'm glad you have it working.

dontmarryme:
did you turn the 8x8 font off? so it goes to 16x16 format.
#define FONT_8x8 0

Well no, I assumed you uploaded code that exhibited the problem :smiley:

But if I do, I still get a clean compile.
But I do have the later version of the toolset installed.
If I use the version that comes with the Arduino distribution, then I can reproduce the problem.
So that is indeed the fix.

That error often means you ran out of program space in flash. Probably the font exclusion freed up enough to have it load clean.

That error is caused by an error in the linker. You see it when the sketch-size is more than 4kB
Tom Carpenter has made a fix for it