[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Still just use the #include <mylib.h>, and the build will find them?

It should do. Always has for me.

What dxw00d says is correct, in fact the library manager in my mod uses the user sketch directory to install libraries :smiley: when you click "Add.."

The change to "wiring" added in 1.0.2 to address an upload issue, see here for details: Use "wiring" (not "stk500v2") avrdude protocol for uploads to Mega 2560. · arduino/Arduino@d83543c · GitHub

The problem is wiring isn't defined properly. It's not in the list of programmers. So it may have been done to fix a timing error, but introduced a bug with 100% failure rate. The stk500v2 simply works. When programmers.txt gets updated to define wiring, I'm sure it will fix everything. But until then, this is the only way to get it to work.

The 1.0.2 that I downloaded from Arduino is using avrdude 5.11 and supports "wiring"

jrlp:
The problem is wiring isn't defined properly. It's not in the list of programmers. So it may have been done to fix a timing error, but introduced a bug with 100% failure rate. The stk500v2 simply works. When programmers.txt gets updated to define wiring, I'm sure it will fix everything. But until then, this is the only way to get it to work.

The problem isn't in programmers.txt. The definition for the "wiring" protocol is in avrdude, specifically avrdude.exe and avrdude.conf. Only versions of avrdude 5.11 or later seem to know about "wiring", though.

The problem is that the version of avrdude shipped in this ERW 1.0.2 distro is only 5.10. For maximum compatibility, it should probably be using the same version as the one that shipped with the "official" 1.0.2, which is 5.11.

I just replaced the 5.10 version with the 5.12 version I had installed separately as a stand-alone version. Being a later version it understood the "wiring" parameter specified in programmers.txt. That worked (just remember to rename the newer avrdude.exe to replace avrdude2.exe to fit in with the "wrapper" scheme in ERW 1.0.2.)

Your solution of editing programmers.txt so it specifies "stk500v2" instead of "wiring" will work (well, work as well as it always has in the past), but has the disadvantage that you don't get the timing bug fix that the move to "wiring" was addressing. If that bug doesn't affect you, however, it's no big deal, of course.

Wow! official 1.0.2 has an updated toolkit?! I noticed that recently just by the last messages! sorry I was not aware :confused:

I though pico manually updated the avrdude

Actually, avrdude 5.11 was released with Arduino 1.0

So... I am a bit confused with the versioning, I remember the 1.0 with an old winavr toolkit. What should I do? I want to update that and pack a version without java too.

Updated to 1.0.3

* 1.0.3 20121213: Fully updated to official 1.0.3 version (but keeping all the awesomeness, new JDK, new WinAVR/avrdude, etc). Changed the protocol of the mega2560 to avoid some issues with the updated avrdude. Added a light version without Java.

About WinAVR version, etc. I am not sure about avrdude 5.11 version yet, I only found ancient 2008 files in the Official package so I kept my updated ones. Maybe is the conf file?

well done

Avrdude 5.11:

yes, I know but what I don't understand is how is the 1.0 contains something updated if there is only ancient winavr stuff inside. Maybe I am confused with the relation with avrdude-winavr, I got the last package of winavr and tweaked the IDE to make it work. I can't find a newer version and for me winavr includes avrdude. So I left the previous files since in the last official package the 'tools' files are 2008-2009

See this commit:

They updated avr_tools.zip with the 5.11 version of avrdude.

eried:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html hi, I defaulted English in my modded version, maybe It can fix your issue

Hi,

Thank you very much for sending me the new Arduino ERW 1.0.3. It works fine with no mixed menu language pull down. I am a newbie in Arduino. Once again, thank you.

Best regards,
KW

eried, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Thanks so much for taking my suggestion in consideration. I really, and I mean REALLY admire your work and I am grateful for it.

Hi.

There are 21 pages of stuff.

I just quickly downloaded the file, installed the .Net 4 stuff and tried.

Real useful popup just happened.

"An error ocurred while starting the application."

lost_and_confused:
Hi.

There are 21 pages of stuff.

My heart bleeds for you. It really does.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall read it all to you...

That would nearly constitute Australian humour.

I am having no end of trouble getting the sketches to flash and am just giving it a go.

I was hoping for a quick and easy set up so I can find out what is going on.

If it can't load, for now it is wasting my time.

Yes, what I posted wasn't exactly nice.

But so much for people helping each other.

Can you capture the screen with the error? does it pops after the installation? Can you describe your machine? Windows version, what happens with the official one that drove you to try this mod, etc