Car rev limiter

CoolJ:
I know this is my first post. I wouldn't normally answer a question on a forum with a first post.
However, I have unique knowledge in this area. (I have done it)
It was for traction control using front wheel speed vs rear wheel speed. Slightly different application, same outcome.

I tried spark cut first because it was easy with the ignition setup used in the car at the time. The results where undesirable and sloppy.

Spark cut is a terrible way to rev limit the engine. You have an Arduino. You can do better.

Put in an up stream flapper in the intake. You can easily move it with a server. Center bias the flapper so it can not get sucked closed.
Failure mode = OPEN.

Track engine RPM(several different ways). When the RPM reaches the limit, close flapper whatever amount you are happy with.
This will work for all fuel injected cars Alpha-N or Speed Density. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU USE A CARBURETOR
You have been warned. I wash my hands. ]:smiley:

Sorry, but not using it for traction control :stuck_out_tongue:

I need it because my factory PCM has only a fuel cut rev limiter. I'm adding boost, and need a rev limiter since I will be adding water/methanol injection, and if it was still injecting and the PCM cuts fuel, that could be destructive.

Also a 2/3 step rev limiter for drag racing will also be used (this will be on a turbo car).

Also, one of the world's fastest traction control systems uses merely 2 stages of timing retard for traction control....