intermittent forum errors today (Nov 8)

Over the past few hours I've been having recurring problems with the forum being unable to decide whether I'm logged in or not, or returning looping redirect responses. Am I the only one? The problems seem to be intermittent but frequent, if that makes sense - it took about a dozen attempts to open this section of the forum to see whether anyone else has reported it, and about one attempt in three to post a message fails because "Session verification failed" or "Your session timed out while posting".

I keep getting "cannot open page due to too many redirects" v odd

Ditto, and it's happened this morning too.

Strange that we are all in the UK?

Well, as you presumably have determined by now, the whole "forum" system crashed and has been "down" for most of today (at least, "day" where I am), only came back on line recently.

I'd like an explanation of this - it is intermittently faulty in general with the symptom being redirects to mangled URLs with a nonsense "&token=" random garbage appended to the end serving a totally blank page.

This happens not infrequently when I "sleep" a machine with the browser still open, but also on other occasions. It is clearly some odd programming bungle from something some benighted programmer thought "might be a good idea" on some occasion. It seems to have cascaded today and brought down the whole system, I do hope they simply remove this behaviour holus-bolus.

Addendum:

dannable:
Strange that we are all in the UK?

No, "we" are not. It appears to have crashed sometime around 20:30 2013/11/08 UTC and come back before 10:00 2013/11/09 - give or take an hour or two. Let me assure you, it affected everyone.

had it too (Netherlands) and it seems to be solved (for now;)

Ditto.

As in: Yes, it was half available - if I was not logged in (used a seperate browser where there were no "login-cookies") I could read the Forum. Login attempts or with a "save my login" browser- fail.

Oh, and I was just about to write on the "Arduino.cc reboot: feedback and comment"-thread that in general I felt the site had improved in response and reliability. :expressionless:

More redirect loops an hour or two ago.

Same here. Exactly the same situation 'too many responses etc.'

Redirect loops here at about 0130 UTC 15Nov.