pighixxx:
New version 0.6k on line :smiley:

• Some fix (By PaoloP)

The link 404 not able to download :open_mouth:

Sorry,
corrected

0.6l on line.

• Minor fixes
  • Digital functions on Analog pins disabled.

First of all I would like to say thank you very much! for all your hard work Pighixxx with the Arduino ABC and this project 8)

I have built the current Circuit on breadboard this morning ,Could you explain a little about using the probes for various components, plus a few other things such as Such as "GDS" ETC

Which parts of the code do I need to change for a 20x4 display ? other than "LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(LCD_ADDRESS,16,2);"
I find the constant cycling of the readings on a 16x2 display some what confusing at the moment .

I was also wondering what pin does "#define BUTTON_INST" use ? Does it go to GND?

Thanks again for all you hard work

Best regards

Rupert

version 06m on line:

• ShowFET() fixed
  • Code Cleanup
  • Short Circuit Ok
  • starting work for inductance meter

koogar:
(cut)
I have built the current Circuit on breadboard this morning ,Could you explain a little about using the probes for various components, plus a few other things such as Such as "GDS" ETC

You can use any pin for the tested component. Ardutester will give you the pinout.
Have You tested a fet? GDS mean Gate, Drain, Source (the pins of a Fet) 8)

koogar:
Which parts of the code do I need to change for a 20x4 display ? other than "LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(LCD_ADDRESS,16,2);"
I find the constant cycling of the readings on a 16x2 display some what confusing at the moment .

Waiting for the next release (07x), I'll add the code for custom lcd (20x4, etc)

koogar:
I was also wondering what pin does "#define BUTTON_INST" use ? Does it go to GND?

If You have a button installed (see schematic on first post - pin 2 to gnd)

koogar:
Thanks again for all you hard work

Best regards

Rupert

Thanks,
PighiXXX

version 06n online (on 1st post)

-CheckResistor() function fixed

Just as a note I am using LiquidCrystal_I2C V2.0, and the back light is connected from PCF8574 "P7" as per Pighixxx ABC Guide but with a 3904 transitor.

the back light was doing the opposite of the Code. I assume the backlight timeout is to save the battery if used.

At first i thought the NPN transistor was connected in reverse or i was using a PNP

As I am no good at code I had to perform a workaround and to edit the LiquidCrystal_I2C.h

From

// flags for backlight control
#define LCD_BACKLIGHT 0x00
#define LCD_NOBACKLIGHT 0x80

to

// flags for backlight control
#define LCD_BACKLIGHT 0x80
#define LCD_NOBACKLIGHT 0x00

Now the Backlight works as intended in the code.

Update: in the end I decided to use a PNP 3906 transistor an leave the code

Thanks

Rupert

Thanks!

At 1st post new version of pcb shield and gerber files.

Great work

When the (TH) through hole version is finished would it be possible for you to include a 1:1 scale PDF of the bottom and top layers for toner transfer/ home etching and a full schematic ?

Thanks

Rupert

koogar:
Great work

When the (TH) through hole version is finished would it be possible for you to include a 1:1 scale PDF of the bottom and top layers for toner transfer/ home etching and a full schematic ?

Thanks

Rupert

Of course! :smiley:

• Version 06o OnLine.

• SelfTest Function (short all probes and push button). Show debug info of ArduTester

• SelfAdjust (installed but not yet implemented)

• Minor bug fixes

Great work

I notice that on breadboard the capacitance tests are not that great, and even with no cap in place you still get significant reading.I realize this probably to do with the capacitance of leads/connections.

A relative function would be great to "REL" the leads rather than trimming in the code.

I was also thinking that a ESR reading of the cap may also be a useful measurement to display.

Cheers

Rupert

koogar:
Great work

I notice that on breadboard the capacitance tests are not that great, and even with no cap in place you still get significant reading.I realize this probably to do with the capacitance of leads/connections.

You can increase de value of #define CAP_PROBELEADS & #define CAP_WIRES :smiley:

koogar:
A relative function would be great to "REL" the leads rather than trimming in the code.

I was also thinking that a ESR reading of the cap may also be a useful measurement to display.

Cheers

Rupert

Hi Rupert,

the code is in constant development and in a few days will be released an improved version.
I'm working on inductance meter and ESR meter; all in ArduTester!

with 07 version will be introduced a new function: PC link.
I'm writing a cross-platform software that once you connected to Ardutest provide additional information about tested components. :smiley:

a cross-platform software

which language?

robtillaart:
which language?

Realbasic

I'm continuing the development of software that will interface with Ardutester.
I will not reveal all of the features it will have, will be a surprise.
A nice thing, which I think no one has ever implemented, it's the acquisition of data and access to a database of components.
I decided to extract a part (The transistor finder) and publish it:

This is an alpha version, only makes the transistor search. The final version will provide a lots of information of the transistor.
A small summary:

• Pin and case
  • All relevant information (Polarity, UCB, Uce, EPO, Ft, Ic, CCtip, Pc, Material, Tj, Hfe)
  • equivalent
  • Finding and equivalent transistor for Euro, Americans, Russians and Japanese transistors
  • Parametric search for any value
  • Use of the transistor
  • And more

Downloads:

Could you please tell me how you made the picture of the PCB prototype?

you are creating an amazing tool, keep it up!

RobvdVeer:
Could you please tell me how you made the picture of the PCB prototype?

I'm using Sprint Layout 6.

Sergegsx:
you are creating an amazing tool, keep it up!

Thanks! :smiley: