Alphanumeric LED Display easy for a beginner?

I am new to Arduino (but not programming) and would like to chain together 4 or 5 of these 1 inch alphanumeric display modules:

These seem a lot less expensive than what can be put together at sparkfun, using:

but the Spark Fun LEDs come with a library and Arduino code. I haven't found any specific examples using the displays from Embedded Adventures.
Should using these with an Arduino Uno be fairly straightforward? Maybe similar in use to the Spark Fun LEDs?

Thanks.

JulianDave:
but the Spark Fun LEDs come with a library and Arduino code. I haven't found any specific examples using the displays from Embedded Adventures.
Should using these with an Arduino Uno be fairly straightforward? Maybe similar in use to the Spark Fun LEDs?

They have built in TLC5926 controller so it should be very simple to use, it's just a serial interface.

I have the 14 segment x 8 digit version, it was pretty easy to work with once I'd worked out a few kinks with my code. The hardest part was finding the time and motivation to sit down and work out all the character codes :stuck_out_tongue: actually getting it working wasn't too hard.

Great! Thank you both for the responses. I didn't want to buy something that I was going to have a hard time with.

Tutorials now available to show how to connect an arduino to a DSP-0401B with sample code and videos.

kind regards
Ian.