Full-colour RGB 4x4 button pad (monome-esque)

well, to answer your first question, i believe monomes are just a huge pad of buttons, in this case only a 4x4 that when pressed producde sounds, from that, the sounds can be manipulated, like for instance you can set different sounds to different buttons and make your own types of songs, or remixes, or any other type of thing, try youtubing "monomes" and see why the buttons are important. Thats is why simple led's don't help, you need a buttons surrounding the led's to show an indication of a change. But then again, i'm just trying to repeat this dudes first experiment, and ill go from there.

and as for the bezel, i do not believe that it breaks up into 2x2, but with a saw im sure you could work something out... or just buy your own case, and drill holes, which is what ill probably do...

hope that helped u

From your description, I still don't really understand, maybe because I'm not into music. You have samples on each button, but what do the lights do? BTW, I do understand it's a generalized keyboard, it does nothing until programmed, but I mean in use how is it used.

I know I couldn't hack the bezel without it looking like crap, same for cutting the square holes out of an enclosure. At least now I know not to order a bezel if I want 2x2 panels.