Xbee With Ping)) Sensor

Hello,

So I'm at the final phase of my project but stuck!

I'm trying to wirelessly make a ping)) sensor ping using an xbee(without another microcontroller).

So basically on one side I have an Arduino and xbee and on the other side I have an xbee and a Ping)) sensor.
Arduino->xbee->xbee->Ping)) sensor

What is the simplest way to wirelessly make the ping sensor ping(I dont care about receiving, I just need it to ping)?

Any advice, code or hardware?

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/acc/28015-PING-v1.3.pdf

The xbee gives you a serial stream over a wireless link. I don't see how you can drive a ping sensor from that without something sitting between the xbee and the ping sensor to receive from the serial stream and drive an I/O pin. There are plenty of wireless alternatives to xbee but it's impossible to know which ones might meet your need without knowing more about the distance you're trying to cover and what sort of environment you're in.

PeterH:
The xbee gives you a serial stream over a wireless link. I don't see how you can drive a ping sensor from that without something sitting between the xbee and the ping sensor to receive from the serial stream and drive an I/O pin. There are plenty of wireless alternatives to xbee but it's impossible to know which ones might meet your need without knowing more about the distance you're trying to cover and what sort of environment you're in.

The ping sensor works off a high low combination, when the ping is powered to 5v its at high and then the xbee can somehow bring it low, by sending 0's?

its not much of a distance like 10 feet and its both indoors outdoors, doesn't matter.

I don't see how that solution would work.

Seems to me that xbee is massive overkill for that range, anyway. All you need is a couple of Arduinos equipped with nRF24L01+ or similar transceivers - this would be much cheaper than using xbees.