arduSTAMP Rev A.2 - Available

The arduStamp is a small compact board and breadboard-friendly based on the ATmega328. It has more or less the same functionality of the Arduino, but in a small and compact package. It only lacks a voltage regulator, and works with a Mini-B USB. The USB interface can be detached from the board to have a 25mm x 25mm (1" x 1") fully operational ATmega328. The board only has components on one side, making it ideal for assembly (hand solder, home reflow oven or skillet).

Its has a detachable USB to serial interface that can be used standalone to interface to other projects. The pin-out of the USB to serial interface is compatible with the FTDI basic from sparkFun and can also be used with the Arduino Mini Pro. Essentially you get two products for the price of one.

The board is fully compatible with the Arduino software development environment.
The arduSTAMP is meant for users that wish to prototype something fast and then make it part of their project. If your final product doesn't need the USB to serial interface the Main Board can be separated from the USB interface, so you really have two products in one.

arduSTAMP does not come with header connectors populated (only the ISP header) so that you can solder in any connector or wire with any orientation you need.

The USB interface is compatible with the pinout needed by the arduino pro mini and can also be connected with sparkfun's FTDI basic.

The project is fully open source. I am currently completing the wiki page and downloading schematics, Eagle cad files and footprints from here:
https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/ardustamp/wiki/Home

Let me know what you think.

I have also ordered a couple of these boards and they are currently on their way. If anyone is interested, please let me know, I am sending them for 2€ each P&P included.

I have just updated the schematics and Eagle files of the arduSTAMP. You can find the Eagle CAD files for download in: https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/ardustamp/downloads.

I have also uploaded an Eagle CAD library with both the arduCHIP and arduSTAMP so that you can drop in these two PCBs on your designs.

If any one is interested in the PCBs, I have currently run out but will be receiving an additional batch soon. I am sending them for:

• 2,2€ - bare board
  • 13€ - assembled board without the USB
  • 19€ - fully assembled board
  • 15€ - as a kit to assemble.

Regular snail mail included.

Here is an image of what an assembled board looks like.

The arduSTAMP Rev A.2 have arrived today. The boards look great and are working like a wonder.

Surprisingly surface finish of the boards have been done ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold)! The quality of this batch is extremely good.

Hear are some pictures of the boards.

For all of you waiting for the boards, they are now available.