Change Vendor ID and Product ID in Firmware

Hello,

I am using arduino mega 2560 board with marlin firmware and want to change vendor ID and Product ID in it, How to set these things(serial number, vendor ID and Product ID) programmatically by firmware in EEPROM or is there any other way to change these things in firmware..???

Thank You..

If you have a board with the FTDI FT232RL (Official Mega) then you can use the FT_PROG utility. Pretty straightforward to use.

Thanks for replay..
I have FT232R USB UART device..

I have a little confusion with VID and PID.. I am using FT232R USB UART board and its VID/PID is 0403/6001, ok and i am using marlin firmware in that board. Is this firmware having any vid pid in its source code,..?? I have my v4 printer driver which contains VID and PID in inf file.
Which VID and PID I should compare with V4 Printer driver's VID & PID..??? i mean whether it firmware's vid/pid or boards vid/pid (i.e- 0403/6001)...????

Any quick reply would appreciated...

-Punam

If you're using an Arduino Mega I don't understand why you would be using a FT232R USB UART board.

I agree with Chagrin. If you have a normal MEGA2560 board, it uses an Atmel 16u2 or 8u2 for the USB interface, and you'll need to reprogram that with different firmware if you want to change the VID/PID. There should be tutorials for the reprogramming part "around"; that's also the method by which the board is reprogrammed to be something other than a serial port.

My bad, I thought the Mega 2560 used the FTDI chip but looks like only the older Mega 1280 does.

Ok, Thanks to all..............
Finally i found a solution. I connect to my FTDI chip(My Printer Device) with standard FTDI tool FT_Prog. So with this I can simply Edit my VId/PID and serial Number.

You could have saved a lot of time just by reading the replies to your question.