Go Down

Topic: meduino mega2560 r3 pro mini atmega16u2 (Read 131 times) previous topic - next topic

spikey1973

hello,

for the practical appilcation of a running project i changed my erduino mega 2560 for a meduino mega2560 r3 pro mini atmega16u2 because of the smaller form factor.

considering i'm making some design changes and i will need to be working with interrupts (rotary encoder)
for this i need to make sure i know which digital i/o pins i can use for interrupts.

i know 02 and 03 are valid (basically on any board) but i need these for something else.
on the arduino mega the 18-19-20 and 21 are also availablke fore interrupts.

as it is compatible with the mega 2560 i am assuming it will be the smae. but am not sure.
how can i verify?

kind regards

Matt

ieee488

Look what I found when I Google'd Arduino Pro Mini interrupt pins ----

https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/external-interrupts/attachinterrupt/

I am sure you can take it from here.

CrossRoads

Write a simple sketch to toggle the pins of interest - say a slow blink you can see with an LED/resistor.
Put the same sketch on each and confirm the pins behave the same.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

spikey1973

@ ieee488 : at first thank you for your reply, as always appreciated. But i googled this too, this and many, even more informative once on the mega2560 board. but really.. this doesn't actually answer the question does it. Don't worry i understand that reading can be difficult some times.

@ crossroads: thank you very much!! i will do just that. thank you very much

ieee488

Apr 17, 2018, 04:02 pm Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 04:07 pm by ieee488
@ ieee488 : at first thank you for your reply, as always appreciated. But i googled this too, this and many, even more informative once on the mega2560 board. but really.. this doesn't actually answer the question does it. Don't worry i understand that reading can be difficult some times.

It doesn't answer the question?

Why?

You have an odd-ball Mega 2560 compatible but not a Mega 2560 board.

What answer did you actually expect?

What exactly is your question ? ? ?

Are you expecting people to do your work for you by researching a board that you chose to buy?  Why didn't you buy a Mega 2560 if it was important that it work?

You chose to buy this board. You should be doing your own research!

There appears to be a manufacturer's wiki page with logs of information about your board which I found by Googling. I leave it to you to find it.

spikey1973

Apr 17, 2018, 10:36 pm Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 10:36 pm by spikey1973
@ ieee488:

It didn't answer the question, because the question was: how can i verify, by this ofcourse i mean that the interrupt ports for the mega2560 and the Meduino Mega2560 R3 Pro Mini ATMEGA16U2 are the same / or not.. i am very unexperienced with arduino.. and specially when it involves interrupts.. but we are here to learn aren't we. ?!

Anyway i believe a methode for this was posted by crossroads, but i haven't found the time to verify yet.

"Are you expecting people to do your work for you by researching a board that you chose to buy?  Why didn't you buy a Mega 2560 if it was important that it work?"

which is an assumption, always be carefull with that... for the why. form factor to be exact..a lot smaller, which is important to me in the project that i'm working on. that is my choice to make, isn't it?!
anyway you assume i don't have a mega board.. which i do and few other arduino boards.
Also i don't expect anyone to do anything for, me except for the people willing to share their readily available knowledge. but that is what fora are meant for aren't they?

"You chose to buy this board. You should be doing your own research!"

again an assumption: i did reserch.. plenty, but sometimes you need a little bit more information to be able to find the answer you need if you don't know what exactly you are looking for. that is why i asked, i didn't find it.

"There appears to be a manufacturer's wiki page with logs of information about your board which I found by Googling. I leave it to you to find it."

found this (i think as you didn't want to post the page) way before i posted the question, but the "logs of information" is a bit overrated by you. the information i need is not on there.. anyway, this is the page i found: http://wiki.epalsite.com/index.php?title=Mega2560_Pro_Mini

i believe it will be the same as what you found. if not.. you may ofcourse always correct me.

but a wise lesson for you..
1) actually read the post.
2) if you don't understand the meaning.. ask... (english being a 2nd language for many)
3) don't assume meaning,

as they say.. when you assume you make an ass out of u and me...

none the less, i do thank you again for your response.

kind greatings

Matt

ieee488

Apr 17, 2018, 11:10 pm Last Edit: Apr 17, 2018, 11:12 pm by ieee488
as they say.. when you assume you make an ass out of u and me...

I didn't "assume" anything.

Hence all those questions.

You purchased the part. You verify it. Man up!

I don't understand people who choose to go their own way and then ask for help after they get lost and then get all whiny about it expecting someone else to fix the problem they themselves created.
You are one of many on this forum.

The wiser decision would be to ask before buying instead of after!

spikey1973

Apr 18, 2018, 01:14 pm Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 01:18 pm by spikey1973
i didn't get lost, just asked one question, which could've been answered or not. didn't "whine" at all. but it's oke you interpret it as you wish.  i don't understand how you can be so offended by that and still be on this forum, you know that is voluntarily.. nobody is forcing you.

and again, even though i said i did research you assume i didn't. in life people sometimes bump into unforeseen situations. that happens. if you don't want to bother with this. then just ignore those topics.

anyway. i really don't wanna go on and argue about this.

have a happy life.. and take my advice.. stay away from topics that you don't want to answer.

kind regards

Matt

ps: you can reply if you want, just want to add i won't reply again to you again on this topic, just so you know in advance,

ieee488

i didn't get lost, just asked one question, which could've been answered or not. didn't "whine" at all. but it's oke you interpret it as you wish.  i don't understand how you can be so offended by that and still be on this forum, you know that is voluntarily.. nobody is forcing you.

and again, even though i said i did research you assume i didn't. in life people sometimes bump into unforeseen situations. that happens. if you don't want to bother with this. then just ignore those topics.

anyway. i really don't wanna go on and argue about this.

have a happy life.. and take my advice.. stay away from topics that you don't want to answer.

kind regards

Matt

ps: you can reply if you want, just want to add i won't reply again to you again on this topic, just so you know in advance,

You either believe or don't believe the manufacturer's web page which you now claim you have seen.
No mention of this in your first post.

You must have believed it to spend money on their parts.
If so, verify the part in your design.

If you don't believe the manufacturer's information, why buy the part?  Makes no sense.

Go Up