Interfacing Atomic IMU 6DOF

I made all the necessary connections between IMU and the arduino mega
I managed to connect the atomic IMU 6DOF to the mega and used the code(given below) to read the data. I am getting a set of distinct numbers that actually make no sense at all..

int imuData[9];
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial.println("#");
  Serial.println("-");
}
void loop() {
  for(int i=0; i<9; i++) {
    imuData[i]=Serial.read();
    Serial.print(imuData[i]);
    Serial.print("__");
}
Serial.println("");
delay(900);
}

Please help me with this.
-RaHL

I am getting a set of distinct numbers that actually make no sense at all..

You want to share that output, and explain your expectations?

this is what i am getting. Well, as far as i know these numbers dont make any sense. i am hoping to get some numbers pertaining to angles or speed of something, know what i am talking about?

Well, as far as i know these numbers dont make any sense. i am hoping to get some numbers pertaining to angles or speed of something, know what i am talking about?

The problem is that your expectations are unrealistic. What you are getting is the instantaneous acceleration data and orientation data. Since acceleration is the rate of change of velocity, you need to integrate that data to get speed. There are plenty of examples around for how to do this. Some even work.

Okay, after quite some research i found that the data from the IMU arrives in a bit mode distributed like this:-

8 bits 16bits 16bits 16bits 16bits 16bits 16bits 16bits 8bits
'A' Count X accl Y accl Z accl Roll Pitch Yaw 'Z'

So i use this code snippet

int imuVal[16];
for(int i=0; i<16; i++) {
     imuVal[i]= Serial.read();
}

This imuVal array will now contain the raw data, how do I convert it to something meaningful?