Teensy 3.0

Just wanted to let others know of my progress so far on using my new Teensy 3.0 board. I had to order a micro USB cable and it arrived yesterday. I had previously loaded the modified IDE and the Teensy driver thingee, so I just attached the Teensey to the cable and plugged it in. PC seemed to be happy with the attachment and a led on the Teensey was blinking away so I assumed they ship it with the blink sketch loaded. I opened the IDE, selected the Teensey 3.0 board, loaded the mimumSketch example and it upload. I was a little surprised when the Teesey loader pop window sprung up, as I had no idea how the Teensy works with the arduino IDE, but the loader has a option to follow a scrip log and it seemed to all be working correctly, even though in the IDE results window is says something about compile size is zero bytes, but the Teensy loader pop-up log shows all the correct size info and a lot of other stuff. Anyway the Teensy board did stop blinking it's led, so everything seemed to upload and run OK. I then loaded blink sketch example in the IDE and hit upload and everything worked again and the board did indeed start blinking it's led again.

So I guess the report is that the Teensey 3.0 seems to work right out of the box as designed even for this software-installing-challenged kind of guy that I am. I still haven't a clue what I might do with this board yet. And Paul seems to be releasing a new IDE version every other day to add some new arduino library update, so it seems kind of silly to rush into anything. But it's a great little product with a lot of promise ahead for it I think. I kind of hope a Teensey forum might start up to help support this product, if one is not already around somewhere?

I'm still getting over the shock of how....well teensey this thing is, so small.

Lefty