Raspberry Pi b and ARDUINO

ok. I got the Arduino dev. environment and today I just received the new Raspberry Pi Model b
and after looking trough the forums here and and the Raspberry Pi documents it appears that there
isn't a compatibility option or is there?
Arduino allows for other programming language input, and Raspberry uses preinstalled Python scripts
for you to boot the OS with once you put on the SD Card.
So can I use this environment to dev. with !?!?
Thanks .

figure01.

I don't get exactly what you mean, but the Arduino and Pi are totally different animals with AFAIK no commonality between them at the software development level, any more than there is between an Arduino and a Windows 8 PC or for that matter a UNIVAC.

That said you can program both in C/C++, just using different dev environments.

OTOH if you want to develop FOR the Arduino on the Pi, that may be possible as the IDE runs under Linux I think.

Rob

Graynomad:
OTOH if you want to develop FOR the Arduino on the Pi, that may be possible as the IDE runs under Linux I think.

Absolutely.

If you do want to implement a project leveraging both an Arduino in conjunction with a Raspberry Pi, make sure to check out the BrewPi project (brewpi.com). It uses the Raspberry Pi as the project web server and an Arduino to control the hardware.