[Answered] Arduino IDE 2:1.0.x vs 1.0.x vs 1.5.x Beta

I am using an Arduino Nano clone and working on the software side on debian jessie (testing). on jessie the Arduino package is named Arduino 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4 at the moment. The wheezy (stable) package is Arduino 1:1.0.1+dfsg-7. Can someone confirm if the 2:1.0.x really is the standard 1.0.x branch as I presume. Does anyone know, why the debian package maintainer(s) decided to change this?

I have been looking at the 1.5.x beta but am undecided if I should give it a try.

Apart from support for the newer Due and Yun architectures, what is the main change in the 1.5 series (if any)?

How stable are the releases (I am not planning to try the nightly builds, just the releases)?

In the latest release notes there is something about command-line improvements. As far as I have tried, I don't see the 1.0.5 I am using accepts any command-line options, is this correct?

Sorry for all the questions. Thank You for all the work you contribute to the Arduino Project(s)!

Jan

The first number "1" (weezy) "2" (jessie) is for Debian codification.

The actual versions are
Wheezy 1:1.0.1+dfsg-7 --> 1.0.1 arduino
Jessie 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4 --> 1.0.5 arduino

EXCEPT that gcc-avr Debian Wheezy is 4.7.2, for Jessie 4.8.1, and for Arduino 1.0.5 only still in 4.3.2 :cry:

68tjs:
The first number "1" (weezy) "2" (jessie) is for Debian codification.

The actual versions are
Wheezy 1:1.0.1+dfsg-7 --> 1.0.1 arduino
Jessie 2:1.0.5+dfsg2-4 --> 1.0.5 arduino

EXCEPT that gcc-avr Debian Wheezy is 4.7.2, for Jessie 4.8.1, and for Arduino 1.0.5 only still in 4.3.2 :cry:

Thank You :slight_smile: