YouTube embedded video's

From Nick:

In case anyone is wondering, I have been discussing the forum with Mastrolinux, and he assures me that a budget has been approved, and further work will commence on the forum immediately. (Actually "next Wednesday" were his words, I'm not sure if that is today or in a week).

Hi mastrolinux,

As you know there is two major types of Forum contributors, both equally interesting:

• People answering specific questions and helping newbyes
  • People sharing and explaining projects they just built

For the latter category, having embedded video's is mandatory a definite plus

The plain link is just boring: :sleeping:

I tried a work around, by including a still picture:

>> Video <<

rather time consuming, still not as appealing and convenient as embedded video's

mastrolinux, unless you have definite arguments, please bring back this nice feature on the Forum

grazie mille

It seems its a low-priority issue.

StefanPetrick commented on Oct 30 2014
It affects many existing threads where people presented projects. It looks odd now.
There are also issues (for example with led setups) which you can try to explain with 1000s words, or just show 10 seconds video and everything important is clear.

mastrolinux commented on Nov 13 2014
Hello,
... It is something we can do in the future, there is always the possibility to open the links our of the. I will leave this issue opened but not marked as bug anymore.
Luca Cipriani mastrolinux added low-priority and removed bug labels on Nov 13 2014

StefanPetrick commented on Dec 3 2014
I see. So I will start editing my old posts at least in the exhibition section to convert the plain text into links again.
Thanks for your answer.

Seen that :neutral_face:
mastrolinux is an open minded guy, no doubt he will understand the point and reconsider his decision

rather time consuming, still not as appealing and convenient as embedded video's

I agree ... in the meantime, what I sometimes do is make the image clickable and size it to fit whatever width you require.

Here, I resized the image to 300 pixels wide and made it clickable:

This is the format:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduyjdRO1Dw&feature=youtu.be][img width=300]http://i.imgur.com/JJrG8n1.png[/img][/url]

Thanks dlloyd for this nice tip
I didn't realized that images can be resized within a post using "img width ="

Now... the reader still has to understand he has to clic the image to view a video

Mastrolinux, please bring back YouTube embedded video's

Now... the reader still has to understand he has to clic the image to view a video

Trick 'em with a snap shot of the player:

Thanks pYro_65, nice idea

A lot of creativity, just to reinvent the good ol' Forum :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

pYro_65:
Trick 'em with a snap shot of the player:

Very cunning, but I think you missed an important step:

Wassat?

Click on the image and you'll see.

Alright. You got me, wasn't expecting to see that.

It's disappointing that some of these jokes just seem to fall flat. :frowning:

I'll try again with this video about Building a Musical Arduino Doorbell

Sorry Nick, English is not my native language
I probably missed something :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:
thanks for clarifying

Thanks Nick. :fearful:
Had to clean my screen and keyboard yesterday following that link (it still smells though).

Now i can take apart the laptop and clean it, just had my dinner at my mother's place, but have to get some other food later.

You made your point.
Please don't do that again, or make an arrangement for a less distasteful result, please.

Sorry Nick, English is not my native language
I probably missed something :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:
thanks for clarifying

Thanks for your detailed explanations

Nick, I have a lot of respect for you, you are both very knowledgeable and helpfull with others
When I built my GPS logger, you helped me to "see" the Atmel microcontroller, below the Arduino overlay

• I use this video feature in every single thread, the Forum is my blog
  • YOU don't use video's and you don't care, you have a personal blog

You were the last person I was expecting this behaviour
well, c'est la vie :wink:

I do care, it was just a joke.

I agree the forum should let you imbed YouTube links.