Is Arduino Due coming?

pYro_65..........Sedonia Technologies has them in Australia, but currently out of stock. Maybe check with them to see if you can get on a wait list.

AU $48 +gst

http://www.sedoniatech.com.au/arduino-due.htm

Little Bird has them listed as well. 0 stock of course but maybe when they open tomorrow.

Rob

Mouser Australia will ship once they get them in for $88 AUD including shipping. They will let you order now and just have them backordered so that yours will ship once they are received. Most places won't even let you order till they get them in stock.

Mouser has great prices on all the Arduino stuff. Got my Mega for under $40.

But if courier charges are more than the cost of the board, you could lose half of them and still be ahead of
courier rates.
What percentage of your packages going to Australia are actually "lost"?

You could let the buyers to assume the risk loss for using postal shipping.

--- bill

Anyone see any US retailers that have them for sale?

I don't know about in stock, but Mouser has them at $38 and they will back order it for you.

Adafruit has them up now, but no stock either.

Mouser Australia will ship once they get them in for $88 AUD including shipping.

Ouch! That's nearly $40 for the shipping.

Rob

[quote author=Massimo Banzi link=topic=113460.msg966506#msg966506 date=1350916310]
We're not ripping you off.. they are.
We have distributors around the world to alleviate this problem.[/quote]
Agreed.

I think it is UPS rather than Arduino.cc who are being accused of daylight robbery. And I think it is a fair accusation - people quoting the UPS shipping charges should realise that this is not the end of the story. UPS will show up at your door asking for more money (local sales and import duties, calculated on goods and shipping) plus a substantial 'brokerage fee'.

I just checked out the US postal website and a small flat rate box (Priority Mail International) from US to Australia is $16.95 USD.

I show an estimated ship date of 12/3/12 on my mouser order, but they are going to try and firm that up. As of right now they have 13 available to purchase on their initial stock order of 25.

That US postal shipping info was with a delivery of 6-10 business days and no tracking or insurance available at this price. As soon as you add the tracking and insurance it jumps to roughly $40

Graynomad:
Ouch! That's nearly $40 for the shipping.

Ouch indeed.

I'm not too worried about waiting for the dust to settle on all of this to check out my options. I've got a couple of Teensy 3.0 on the way to play with to scratch any near-term Cortex-3/4 itches -- I always like to have a spare of a new dev board I'm working with on hand, to see if it's a hardware error (i.e., I've blown up the board) or a software error (keep looking at code and pulling out hair...)

I've also got a cubieboard on order and I've just taken delivery of another Raspberry Pi (one of the new ones with the 512MB RAM). So I'm likely to be busy for a while with new toys of the ARM persuasion in any case.

Paul still had some Teensies in stock last time I looked, if anyone simply MUST have their ARM fix NOW... :grin:

Yes, maybe my words were a bit strong for what I intended, I've been waiting to do testing on a large Arduino specific library for almost 10 months now, held off buying other 32bit arm & avr boards like the Olimex. If the estimated postal price was released a year ago, I would not have bothered waiting. The clones will flood in soon.

I would have been happy accepting some risk, also maybe some sarcasm was lost in translation, for that price I'd expect it to be delivered at gun point.

pYro_65:
The clones will flood in soon.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be only a few weeks, but could be many months as well. The limiting factor will be the availability of the Atmel part. Typically, a new part gets "rationed" out to the high-volume, strategic customers (like Arduino) until the production and inventory catches up to the general demand. I'm not sure what the word is at the moment of the availability of this particular part, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have long lead times for anyone but a select few customers at this point.

Yeah, true. But are Arduino and its distributors going to face the same problem, I notice the store only has 11 left.
For something like this it'd be nice to have the authentic stuff, however a few spare clones would be handy for creating network applications, or something that could possibly damage the board.

The IDE tools configuration looks amazingly similar to mpide

People have said in the past that the official support was going to be based on the MPIDE stuff...
(grr. I can't find exactly WHERE that was said, though.) It would be pretty foolish to do differently, IMO.

MPIDE

What is that?

funkyguy4000:

MPIDE

What is that?

It is the IDE that the chipkit guys developed for their 32 bit pic32 "duino" boards that also supports
the AVR based "duino" boards.
It was based on the 0022/0023 Arduino IDE code
and was intended to be a base for supporting "multiple processors" (rather than just the AVR)
by allowing easy integration of other processors.
Hence the name "mpide"

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?NavPath=2,892&Cat=18

I was surprised to see the convergence in that if I remember correctly there were some disputes over how to
handle adding in support for non AVR based processors and the "openness" of the Arduino code and development
process in general which eventually led to the fracture.

--- bill

pYro_65:
Yeah, true. But are Arduino and its distributors going to face the same problem, I notice the store only has 11 left.

Well, if Arduino themselves are having any problems at all getting supply at this stage, I'd say the clone makers will be completely out of the picture for the time being.

pico:

pYro_65:

Well, if Arduino themselves are having any problems at all getting supply at this stage, I'd say the clone makers will be completely out of the picture for the time being.

Well, "SOLD OUT" how many DUE did Arduino sell in maybe 30 hours? What a meltdown...