Interfacing with Android Phone/Tablet/Mini Pc

1ArduinoFan:
I want to be hard wired into the Arduino. I am going to check out those links now to see what they offer. I know you are talking wifi, but, I need to start to get an idea how they communicate. What "I" want to do is make touch screen interface menus, read probes like temp etc. I would like to make an aquarium controller with touch screen capabilities. Is there provisions for that? I am a noob so please dont shoot me if it is obvious, lol.

Thanks.

Ok 2 Questions
1.You want to control the aquarium remotely or locally?
E.g remotely means that you are sitting in your office and you want to control your aquarium that is located in your home.
By locally I mean you go next to the aquarium and connect your tablet with the cable to your arduino project and you get some data and you do some stuff?
Both are possible with the apps-just let me know what you prefer so I can guide you how to do it.

2.There is no way to use your own written UI and touchscreen butons and controls. You can use the predefined ones.
Each control(in Droid Control for Arduino) can send byte command to the Arduino board.You can define those bytes.