FM Radio Shield (DIY).

Arduino Uno, proto-board,few resistors and cheap radio from local convenience store, thats all you need to build FM radio shield.

Capabilities:

• auto-scan full FM band;
  • store/recall 20 radio stations to/from the list (EEPROM);
  • print a list of radio stations;
  • switching tuner up / down along the list;
  • fine tunning;
  • calibration of heterodyne VCO, using RF broadcasting data as high accuracy Signal Generator;
    (Least Squares based 2-nd degree polynom fitting, about +-0.1 MHz or 0.1% precision);
  • debug Command Line Interface.

Check it out: http://coolarduino.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/diy-arduino-fm-radio-shield/

166 views and no posts . !
Well I think what you have is interesting. My interest is in your knowledge of how to scan radio frequencies . Do you know anything about how this might be made to work on other frequencies ,433Mhz , 200Mhz or 20Mhz for instance?
What particular parts would need to be changed and what other matters might be considered? (obviously the receiver, but could a simple receiver be made or bought )

It might have uses in scanning for bugs , and spectrum analysis.

You put in a lot of work to do this and I thank you for posting it.

I had close to 1.500 visitors on web page yesterday, after references were posted in news/blog sections : DIY Arduino FM Radio Shield « Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! and
DIY FM Radio Arduino shield | Freetronics
(thanks).
Regarding no posts here, there are at least two reasons:

• topic quite "specific";
  • well explained, so no questions :slight_smile:
    As they say, incorrect statement, usually getting more attention /responses, than well formulated question.

Do you know anything about how this might be made to work on other frequencies ,433Mhz , 200Mhz or 20Mhz for instance?

IC TDA7088 works over 0.5 - 110 MHz, so it would be quite easy to cover this range. 200, 433 and up needs different chip, I'm sure there are many of similar functionality. Problem to get a BOB ( prototype boards ) which include IC with all peripheral hardware (R/L/C) below $2. May be channel selector from HD box, or an old VHS / TV receiver would be an option.

Magician:

• well explained, so no questions :slight_smile:

FWIW I was a lurker, and that's the reason I didn't. I did click 'notify' though in case there were any more updates or questions. :slight_smile:

Magician:
As they say, incorrect statement, usually getting more attention /responses, than well formulated question.

I'd not heard that before, but it makes perfect sense !

Thanks for sharing,
Geoff