I'm back! - What have you done?

mowcius:
So - after over a year of not being active on the forums (ok, I popped back a couple of times) am I allowed back into the club?

I promise I'll be nice :grin:

Lots of things have changed in my life (for the better) in the last 18 months but now things are a bit more settled, programming up a few lots of MCUs is on my to-do list.

Happy to see my post ranking hasn't dropped off the first page yet while I've been gone - a few names up there I don't recognise now though and many forum addicts who I do!

Now to make this thread a bit more interesting - those who remember me - what's changed while I've been gone? What's that cool project you've started/finished? What percentage of your house is now controlled by Arduinos?

Welcome back. Biggest change if you haven't kept up with the arduino product line is that the platform and IDE has become a lot more complex with boards like the Leonardo, 32 bit arm based Due board, brand new Esplora board. So the breath of new users and questions and problems they bring forth seem to have jumped up significantly. IDE has lots of new features but breaks a lot of things from the pre IDE 1.0 version. On the other hand the amount of external shields and modules and devices that can be used with the arduino boards is booming it seems and more affordable then ever.

Hell even retail Radio Shack stores are now selling arduino boards and some shields, didn't see that one coming. :smiley:

Anyway glad to have you back and getting it going again.

Lefty