Bourns 3590S-2-103L, 10 kOm died.

Bourns 3590S-2-103L, 10 kOm died bought for $11 in a store died after I used it not more than 6 times. it worked just fine but then suddenly it stoped working. A tester shows there is no connection on the contact number 3. I didn't change anything. It was connected just as usual. What could happen?

Possible too high current when wiper turned fully CW.

Not sure what will happen when you power the pot from a different voltage than the A/D,
or power the pot when the A/D is off.
The pot might try to power the A/D through it's input protection diodes.
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=527919.0
Leo..

Likely reply #1, but tough to say without seeing a schematic on how it was wired.

I was wired to an expansion board, where each of the analog pins has their own power pins. The board is like this: Arduino Nano Expansion Board - Other Hardware Development - Arduino Forum

It seems my one is fake. I've checked it according to the guides in this post: Fighting Chinese sellers of counterfeit parts on eBay - Page 1

Tofer:
I was wired to an expansion board, where each of the analog pins has their own power pins. The board is like this: Arduino Nano Expansion Board - Other Hardware Development - Arduino Forum

This does not show how you connected it. This may be moot is the part was defective in the first place.

The thing is that I've used this board with another two cheap pots and they did work just well for 1 month. So, seems this fake Bourns pot is the rubbish.

limit current.. and u wont burn the pots

Since we haven't seen the exact wiring in question, that may not have been the issue in light of the fact it is likely a low quality knockoff.