Arduino Ethernet board not running Blink

Hello All,
I'm running into problems running Blink on an Arduino Ethernet board.

• I'm using USB2Serial Light to load the board.
  • The correct driver appears to be loaded (Provider = Arduino LLC, Date = 11/15/2007, Ver. = 5.1.2600.0).
  • The Power Happy Lamp is on. Powered from USB.
  • The USB cable is known good (works in other applications).
  • When I release the Reset button, the LED on Pin 13 lights, then fades off (not a solid On, then Off).
  • The upload appears to work (no errors). As the Upload is happening, I see the Tx and Rx LEDs blinking on the USB2Serial.
  • After the upload, there is no change in the LED. No blink, nothing.
  • If I power fail the board, Power and Pin 13 LED come on, Pin 13 LED Fades out, then nothing.

I haven't included any drivers for the Ethernet device in Blink. Could this be hanging the code?
The documentation states "NB: Pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 are reserved for interfacing with the Ethernet module and should not be used otherwise." On the schematic however, it looks like Pins 14 - 17 are actually used.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

dgordon:

It is a resistor and LED. I wouldn't call that power "happy". More of a "something is there" light.

dgordon:

Are you blinking the right pin?

LED: 9. There is a built-in LED connected to digital pin 9.

dgordon:
I haven't included any drivers for the Ethernet device in Blink. Could this be hanging the code?

No.

dgordon:
Hello All,
I'm running into problems running Blink on an Arduino Ethernet board.

• I'm using USB2Serial Light to load the board.
  • The correct driver appears to be loaded (Provider = Arduino LLC, Date = 11/15/2007, Ver. = 5.1.2600.0).
  • The USB cable is known good (works in other applications).
  • When I release the Reset button, the LED on Pin 13 lights, then fades off (not a solid On, then Off).
  • The upload appears to work (no errors). As the Upload is happening, I see the Tx and Rx LEDs blinking on the USB2Serial.
  • If I power fail the board, Power and Pin 13 LED come on, Pin 13 LED Fades out, then nothing.

The documentation states "NB: Pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 are reserved for interfacing with the Ethernet module and should not be used otherwise." On the schematic however, it looks like Pins 14 - 17 are actually used.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Doug

The on-board LED on the 'Arduino Ethernet' is connected to pin 9, so put that value in the code (instead of 13) and Bob's Your Uncle!!

Cheers
Robbert / PA3BKL