TV + Arduino

I recently tried to use my Arduino Uno R3 to publish data on a TV.
I connected the GND cable of my RCA jack to the ground of Arduino & followed these schematic

Used this "TVout" LIB(R5.91 ver):-
http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tvout/

& this piece of code :

--------------------//code//----------------------
#include <TVout.h>

TVout TV;
unsigned char x, y;

void setup ( )
{
TV.start_render( _NTSC );
}

void loop ( )
{
TV.clear_screen ( );
TV.print_str ( 10, 10, "TVout FTW!!!" );
TV.delay ( 60 );
}

Nothing happened when I attached the RCA cable to video in composit.
I'm not sure whether every thing here I/m doing is on the right way.
Is there any setting change that I need to do over the TV. I tried with the TV's cable service once plugged in & another time plugged out.
Also changed it in the code from NTSC to PAL as I recede in India.

Untitled.png

F0VP79YGTXKGXYM.MEDIUM.jpg

More than likely you need to change the input in your television's settings.

Sorry but what do you mean by "changing the inputs here" ?

Set the TV to display the composite input, rather than the antenna input.

I'll try it tomorrow & let you know. I don't have a TV around at my place.

It's difficult to tell with your drawing (fritzing?) - but the junction of the two resistors -must- be fed into the center pin of the RCA connector, while the ground line goes to the outer shield/ground connection of the RCA connector (which is what the schematic shows). Also, I know some people have had problems getting NTSC output from this library to work properly with -some- LCD televisions; I would imagine that similar problems might occur on a PAL system (just something to be aware of).

I have the video experimenters shield, with pretty much the same circuit (with the addition of a couple of diodes). It works fine with a PAL Sony Bravia LCD direct into the SCART input.

I checked it earlier only & it's not available in India. & where would I get an Sony LCD now. Any ways let me change the settings to feed the video through the composit in & let you know about the results.

The SCART input is composite, in fact, I have an RCA out of the video experimenter shield into a RCA to SCART adapter on the back of the telly, because the only RCA inputs are YUV component.

I found this article (SCART - Wikipedia) on wikipedia & that seems not present in TVs I've seen so far.

So is this a way of saying that If I follow the earlier schematic that I've uploaded & put the RCA cable at it's jack at my TV's back & then sent the TV to feed from the composit (Which is a way of setting when we plug in DVD players with TV), It won't work?.

I'd really admire this if you just step wise tell me what to follow.

Also I found some PIN change setting over another picture I got over google.

Confused which one to follow. :~

I found this article (SCART - Wikipedia) on wikipedia & that seems not present in TVs I've seen so far.

It's just a connector standard (and not a very good one) - the signals are still 1V p-p into 75 ohms, same as RCA.
My adapter is just a SCART plug with RCA sockets on the back. It has no active components inside.

Also I found some PIN change setting over another picture I got over google.

I have no idea what that means.

In my experience, old-school analogue (CRT) TVs are more forgiving of slight deviations from signalling standards that you sometimes find with software video implementations, but I've had no problems with the TVout library into more modern digital sets.

AWOL:
The SCART input is composite, in fact, I have an RCA out of the video experimenter shield into a RCA to SCART adapter on the back of the telly, because the only RCA inputs are YUV component.

SCART tends to only be seen on video equipment destined for the European market.