RTC to 4Bit LCD

Ok so have i got my wires crossed here somewhere?

Im a newb and this is my first programming project so excuse my niaevety.

I have downloaded the 4 bit lcd library after following ladyada's post on lcds, that then allowed me to get my lcd using 4 bits instead of 8.

The above post does work fine when you compile it but all i can do is see the time and date on the serial monitor. I was trying to adjust the code to allow it to show on my lcd instead.

if im making some real newb errors i can understand. I got the rest of the things working on my LCD but then the time and date has been impossible!!!

Ok so now i have just gone to anrduino on my laptop and opened up the "hello world" from the liquidcrystal lib and it wont compile??? same with any of the other example sketches from the liquid lib??

what am i doing wrong? The libs are stored on the arduino/hardware/library files on my hard drive???????

The compiler error reads:

error: no matching function for call to 'LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(int, int, int, int, int, int, int)'hardware\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:8: note: candidates are: LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal()

hardware\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:6: note: LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(const LiquidCrystal&)

In function 'void setup()':