One-Net support

Are there any One-Net shields for Arduino. It seems (at least to me) that One-Net is cheaper than other wireless technologies used with Arduino and more suitable in some circumstances (and simpler to implement?). And is an open standard so it's likely to have support (it's rather new, no?).
If not shields has someone tried implementing One-Net in a project?
As I am new to this, can someone explain me in what aspect Xbee is better?

info about One-Net at http://www.one-net.info/

Sorry for the doubleposting - there is a spam protection ot first posts.

As I am new to this, can someone explain me in what aspect Xbee is better?

Information about One-Net seems scanty, and the transceiver board you linked costs about $60 instead of $20 for Xbee?

Are you sure this isn't spam?

The link I gave was to the specifications of One-Net as a standard. Only after your reply I have found that there is a link(to another site) to buy a board. And that board is evaluation module so I suppose there are some extras on it. But may be I am wrong so I checked on google - if I am right the chip(only the chip) that is used costs 3$ (analog.com).

Still, I am not defending that standard - I know nothing about it. That is why I am posting here - to ask. I was searching for cheep wireless solution and that one was the only one I have found that is under some kind of standard (the other is JN3 from Jee labs based on RFM12b which is very nice, but not under a standard)

Hi,
I started to use PECompact some weeks ago, and this is great!!
Very good compression and no problem with the program (still runable).

The only problem was with the VB.Net programs. I test with 5 programs and they become non-runable. Even the most simple.
All the C#.Net programs still working after the compression.

Regards...

Rocky

One-net seems to be an open-source consortium of many chip radio manufactures to encourage the development of a family of inter-working sensors. One-net support a Mesh Network and may even support self organisation of said mesh network.

My consulting firm is just beginning to look at these issues using a chip-con radio, but with multiple radio vendors, one should be able to match the radio for the price point and bandwidth required by the application.