Go Down

Topic: Issues with USBasp... (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic

Quoll

Hi everyone,

I am having nothing but headaches trying to make my USBasp work on my new computer. It works fine on my old Windows 8 laptop but I cannot get it to perform at all on Windows 10.

I have tried many suggestions on forums but nothing so far has worked. I have used Zadig to install the latest drivers (libusb-win32 v1.2.6.0). I have totally uninstalled all old drivers and done a fresh re-install of Arduino IDE. Windows recognizes the USBasp when plugged in but I get this error message:

avrdude: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude: error: program enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

the selected serial port
 does not exist or your board is not connected
I don't know what to do about this, any help greatly appreciated

-Nathan
Nathan Litjens

pert

Install the libusbK driver using Zadig instead of libusb-win32.

Quoll

Thanks Pert, I'll try that now
Nathan Litjens

Quoll

Pert, tried installing libusbk on Zadig, but the same error occurs. Restarted computer and no change...
Nathan Litjens

Quoll

Not really solved, but went out and bought a different brand and it works with this computer.
Nathan Litjens

DrAzzy

IME that error usually indicates that the USBAsp is working fine, but connections to the target are wrong (and that the problem is *not* a missing clock source, which gets slightly further into the process)... could there have been a connection problem that was incidentally fixed when switching to the second usbasp?
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Quoll

I checked the connections multiple times with the mulitmeter and they were all good... It's weird as it works fine on my old computer...
Nathan Litjens

Go Up