Go Down

Topic: Connecting My Arduino Uno WIFI to WIFI (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

salma_D_Mohamed

Hi

I am a beginner in using arduino. I am using Arduino UNO WIFI. The problem is that it cannot connect to WIFI. Please find the sketch that checks WIFI connection attached. It gives me the same message that it is not connected.

Thanks in advance.

ballscrewbob

You are telling it which SSID to use but you dont seem to be giving it the password when it needs it.

Maybe insert "WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);" << see line 19.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Juraj

Nov 15, 2017, 09:29 am Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 09:29 am by Juraj
that library is not for Arduino Uno WiFi. Use Arduino_Uno_WiFi_Dev_Ed_Library .

Getting started with the Arduino Uno WiFi

Juraj

Nov 16, 2017, 11:26 am Last Edit: Nov 16, 2017, 11:27 am by Juraj
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried the library you told me about but still have the same problem. Any other suggestions?
Many thanks for your help.
you cant have the same problem with Arduino_Uno_WiFi_Dev_Ed_Library. because that library has a different api. try the examples of the Arduino_Uno_WiFi_Dev_Ed_Library.

did you connect your Uno WiFi to WiFi using the Web Panel as described in Getting started...?

salma_D_Mohamed

|It is a silly question but I am trying to understand, can't I just add the library "#include <UnoWiFiDevEd.h>"  in the same sketch that attached before?  I added the library as you suggested and removed #include <Wifi.h>  but it gave me error so I left both in the sketch. But I think that is wrong. Please advise me what to do.

Yes I connected the Wifi as instructed in the web panel.

Juraj

see the examples in IDE for the Arduino_Uno_WiFi_Dev_Ed_Library.

the UnoWiFiDevEd libray doesn't implement the standard Arduino networking API like the Ethernet library or the WiFi library.

The standard networking API si for Uno WiFi Developer Edition implemented in WiFi Link firmware and library.

Go Up