Maker Faire Rome 2015

What are the details on the 2015 maker faire in Rome? The main link that comes up in searches is Maker Faire Rome - The European Edition but I can find no details of when and where tickets will be on sale.
Are there better places to link to for information or does someone know when tickets will be available?
We have booked flights and hotel and just need tickets to feel settled.

Last year they were available early August, so not long to wait. As the event itself is a little later this year this might affect ticket release date.

dannable:
Last year they were available early August, so not long to wait. As the event itself is a little later this year this might affect ticket release date.

Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised at the lack of information posted about this event in this dedicated forum. 87 days to go and mine is the first post regarding the event. At least we have many other things to do in Rome if needs be.

The only one that got a good plug on here was the first one. Last year's event didn't get a lot of exposure.

Well, I have just bought the flight ticket and booked accomodation.

But I am stumped on how to buy admission ticket. Got the mail for earlybird discount, the link goes to a totally Italian site. Google Translate helps, although I do not know why they need to know my date of birth. I am only attending an exhibition. I give up when asked to enter the "tax details". So I'll just have to stand in a LONG queue on Friday.

See ya!

Msquare:
Well, I have just bought the flight ticket and booked accomodation.

But I am stumped on how to buy admission ticket. Got the mail for earlybird discount, the link goes to a totally Italian site. Google Translate helps, although I do not know why they need to know my date of birth. I am only attending an exhibition. I give up when asked to enter the "tax details". So I'll just have to stand in a LONG queue on Friday.

If your referring to this site then you can select English from the top of the page. I agree the process of buying tickets is a PITA and I was not keen on having to submit Passport details to register with them or having to pay via credit card (yet more data of mine on an unknown server). I did download the iPhone app and was going to get them that way but could not find the venue or read the language so gave up on that idea and got the 3 day passes so we can go any day and return if we want to.

Riva:
... then you can select English from the top of the page. I agree the process of buying tickets is a PITA

Ah, yes, there it was - I was looking for a little UK/Italian flag. Silly me. Well, now at least it is an option if I want to inform the Italian taxauthorities of this major financial transaction.

PITA ... 'nuf said. I have to do it as I arrive late'ish friday and just want to get in.

We arrive Thursday and stay the week to sight see with friends we are meeting out there as they have never been to Rome before.

I note with some amusement that Arduino SRL are sponsors and attending as exhibitors. Don't forget that Massimo is a 'curator'.

Just to say the fair is in full swing - obviously :wink: - and I am using every available minute inside, as there are so many exhibitors. The setup is 110% well done with the stand grouped by subject matter in tents.

Well the faire has come and gone and I have returned from Rome. It is 10 years since I was last there and it was all a bit of a disappointment.
The faire was big and well laid out but there was way to many people to enjoy it all and see everything properly, surely such a large event warrants a day or two more to spread the load.
Half of Rome's sites seem to be closed for construction. Coliseum seems to have started a construction phase again almost 2000 years since it was built. Trevi fountain was as dry and I never got to throw another coin in so it looks like I will never be going back. Spanish steps closed, Ostia deserted, the list goes on...
It also seems locals cannot count as several time we was almost short changed by 5 or 10 Euros.
The amount of times we was approached and offered f*ing bus tour tickets was a joke and finally the amount of graffiti seems to have exponentially increased in the last 10 years.

For me the Fair was good. Shame about "too much Italian", but as it is in Italy, and only few hobbist and likeminded can afford the time&money for a trip to Rome, I suppose that is the way it is. At most stands there was material in English, or an English speaking member, so I got answers and explanations where needed.

It is big. I used most of my two and a bit days to actually go and to see every stand. After that I was tired and there was a few hours left. Bought an Genuino and Tshirt as souvenir :wink: And a HackLace

I was much amazed at the translation services for some of the talks given - even though I was the only non-Italian listener, the translator got into her box and did a good job. (Hard to translate technical talk.) :slight_smile: It was a shame that it was not clear in the program where translation was and where not. It was doubly sad, that even though some speaker suggested the talk in English, that the major audience was Italian with a few non-english listener, so I lost out. :confused:

I suggest that the European Edition goes to different european cities - each year - otherwise it might as well be called MakerFaire - The Italian Edition. Nothing wrong with Italy or Rom in itself, but only 10 or 20 % of the stands were from outside Italy. So what about all the good makers in Spain, Germany, Poland, France, Netherlands etc... (Yes, they have their own faires, but why should the Italian have the title European?)

(the bit about Rome as a turist city ... off-topic -> another thread. I had a nice time)

Also back from Rome and probably still coming down from what for us was a massive high. So many people! We were exhibiting and only got to see others in the tiny amount of time before and after set up each day and in the break on Friday (which was great).

It was probably more Italian than I expected too, next time we'll have Italian language literature and our "pitch" read and waiting in Italian. We had most of what we wanted to say translated and written on the wall behind us before the end of the last day, thanks to some excellent bilingual locals who helped us out.

Sad to read about Riva's experience of the city. I've been once before and wasn't shocked that I still couldn't see even a thousandth of what the city has to offer. We had two extra days in the city and I spent them walking around areas I'd not been to before. It's a shame that the Trevi and Spanish Steps were being maintained but that's luck I guess, everything needs a bit of maintenance now and then! I was overcharged once in a supermarket, but that's happened in the UK too!

For our hotel and meals we used trip advisor and were really happy. Ate some amazing food over a huge price range.

On what Msquare says about other makers from the rest of Europe, I see no reason as why they shouldn't be in Rome too! It draws a huge number of people, the city is unrivalled as a tourist attraction and it's not that expensive to eat out or get a place to stay (at this time of year). I'd like to encourage more UK makers to make the trip. It was excellent. Bravo to the organisers! See you again next year!

phenoptix:
Sad to read about Riva's experience of the city. I've been once before and wasn't shocked that I still couldn't see even a thousandth of what the city has to offer. We had two extra days in the city and I spent them walking around areas I'd not been to before. It's a shame that the Trevi and Spanish Steps were being maintained but that's luck I guess, everything needs a bit of maintenance now and then! I was overcharged once in a supermarket, but that's happened in the UK too!

This being my second visit to Rome I had already seen most of the major sites but it was a shame for our friends who flew out to meet us there as it was there first trip to Rome and they feel they need to go again to get the proper experience.
As to the over charging, 3 times in one week seems a bit OTT for people used to the currency and the error was always exactly 5 or 10 euro and no quibbles when they was challenged.

We are looking forward to more events and will probably do one of the big German fares next.

From the stories I've heard Berlin was fantastic, would love to see Maker Faire Munich. They certainly have the infrastructure there, and some amazing beer too!