Go Down

Topic: TP Link router not recognizing my arduino ethernet shield  (Read 74 times) previous topic - next topic

Tamilselvan8621

Hello everyone. I am using arduino uno R3 and w5100 ethernet shield and TP Link router (model no:TL-WR740N).
 I want to connect my arduino ethernet shield to Internet through router. When I connect the ethernet shield to the router via rj45 cable, the router is not at all recognizing it.

But when I connect a pc to the router through ethernet cable or WiFi it works fine.
And when I connect the arduino ethernet shield directly to the pc instead of router it works fine. I mean I could create webserver using the sketches from the forum.

So, there is no hardware problems with the router and ethernet shield.
Is there anything I am missing in the configuration of router.
Any help would be appreciated

SurferTim

There are some w5100 units with incorrect resistor packs. If yours is one of them, you will have problems with some network devices.

Tamilselvan8621

There are some w5100 units with incorrect resistor packs. If yours is one of them, you will have problems with some network devices.
Thank you for your reply @SuferTim....

So is there solution to fix the resistor packs.

But the ethernet shield works fine when connected to my pc. Do the resistor packs have nothing to do with,  when connected to pc.

Tamilselvan8621

Solved it by using bsnl adsl router......
I don't know why the TP Link router didn't recognize my ethernet shield...

Go Up