Go Down

Topic: Android Bluetooth joystick (Read 238965 times) previous topic - next topic

kas

Nice setup  8)

Let us have a video when ready

How do you control your pan/tilt servo's ??

jcleve

Hey kas,

Thanks for posting the pic. I couldn't get the img tags to work for some reason. I configured Total RC Commanders buttons for the following:

Button 1: cam up - momentary - move cam up by 5
Button 2: cam down - momentary - move cam down by 5
Button 3: cam left - momentary - move cam left by 5
Button 4: cam right - momentary - move cam right by 5
Button 5: free look - on/off - use joystick to control the pan/tilt camera mount. Vehicle motors disabled.
Button 6: drive - on/off - use joystick to control vehicle

Video
https://youtu.be/enwf2_b2Oew

kas

Jul 30, 2017, 10:24 pm Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017, 10:28 pm by kas
Yeah, I had the Buttons 5/6 solution in mind   ;)

Video:

BTW I had a look at your YouTube chain,
Your balancing robot looks pretty much as my first one, back in 2010   :)
See my signature

You will get (much) more stability with larger/softer wheels
see post #602

woodygb

fullspool

Sep 21, 2017, 05:29 am Last Edit: Sep 21, 2017, 05:33 am by fullspool
Kas,

can you offer a portrait mode or basic mode in your app . It would make it alot easier on me during the Halloween season controlling my robot with 1 hand instead of two.

thanks for this awesome app.

kas

Scary   :smiley-evil:  :smiley-evil:  :smiley-evil:

can you offer a portrait mode or basic mode in your app . It would make it alot easier on me during the Halloween season controlling my robot with 1 hand instead of two.
I will see what I can do, let me have your email via PM

kas

Sep 22, 2017, 12:25 pm Last Edit: Sep 22, 2017, 12:34 pm by kas
I will see what I can do, let me have your email via PM
Check your mail   ;)

This is version 5.6f with four button option, shot from a 4.5" 720x1280 Moto G
Easier to control with one hand

Please let me have a screenshot, together with your screen specs

This version is not (yet) available on Google Play

fullspool

Kas ,

i got the apk installed , I think if buttons where on top and joy stick where on bottom it would be easier to control but this is great!

will test soon , thanks !

picture attached is my samsung s7 .

kas

Sep 23, 2017, 12:13 pm Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017, 12:14 pm by kas
Kas ,
i got the apk installed , I think if buttons where on top and joy stick where on bottom it would be easier to control but this is great!
will test soon , thanks !
I thought about this when designing the vertical Layout and came to the very opposite conclusion  :smiley-roll-blue:
When you hold the phone in your palm, the thumb naturally touches the upper part of the screen.

Handle your phone up side down, test the App and let me know which Layout design is more confortable for you
This is an easy change in code anyway

fullspool

My hands must be different as they naturally fall to the bottom holding the phone lol

I tried the apk , the joy stick has issues . when you hold it in a direction for 2 seconds it snaps back to center position.

kas

Oct 04, 2017, 02:44 pm Last Edit: Oct 04, 2017, 02:47 pm by kas
I tried the apk , the joy stick has issues . when you hold it in a direction for 2 seconds it snaps back to center position.
I can't reproduce this feature   ::)

- Is it specific to your 'custom vertical version' ??
 - does it occur only when Bluetooth connected ??
 - can you test the App on another phone ??

My hands must be different as they naturally fall to the bottom holding the phone lol
If you use it up side down, don't forget to enable the new 'Invert North/South' option

kas

Nov 19, 2017, 10:02 am Last Edit: Nov 19, 2017, 10:04 am by kas
Hi Kas
Hope I'm not intruding. I'm a brand new dummy when it comes to Forums.
I would like to purchase Total Bluetooth Commander so I can incorporate video in the joystick screen.
I'm slowly teaching myself and am starting to make up one of your Rubiks Robot Solvers.
I have the claws/grippers made and working using a combination of Joystick BT Commander Ver.5.5 and the Andro Ver2.0 software.
While reading through the forum (I'm up to page 26 - 32) I noticed you sell the video version of the commander.
I thought it would be a nice to option for any other future projects i might get into. Robot travellers etc.

Thanks for any help. I've already learned so much just going through you blurb bit by bit.

My email address is xxxxxx
Can you advise how to make payment and how to obtain the updated version.

Hi ParaPedro

Check your mail   ;)

vofero

Nov 21, 2017, 08:56 am Last Edit: Nov 21, 2017, 09:03 am by vofero
Can this joystick  work with https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?

kas

Go Up