New to the forum

I have toyed with the idea of grabbing a range of coordinates over say the Great Barrier Reef and simulate exactly what is occurring over area, but that I would thing, would get far too in depth of what I am wanting for right now.

What I'm looking for right now is just the basics, like what hardware would I need the UNO, the mega etc?

Next questions, and probably the most important to be honest, how will I connect everything to say the UNO?

I'm not looking for a "hold my hand while i put this together" but I haven't actually found anything, while searching for builds for lights, documenting how they actually connected anything.

EDIT: And yes, I want a "time lapsed" override to show off the control ability of it.

EDIT2: I found this while searching as well. http://www.chestersgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Power-LED-Shield-Application-Examples.pdf

This is similar to what I have set up, but instead of 4 buckpucks I have 4 Meanwell 48-60D and 48 Cree LEDs (21 Royal Blue, 3 Cool Blue, 12 Cool White and 12 Warm White) 4 strings of 12 LEDs in series.

Edit 3: So from what I have gathered from the other threads of builds similar to mine, I was thinking of starting a list of my materials I would need to complete my controller.

Arduino Uno

RTC Module

Something like this LCD

SD expansion slot for added memory just incase i need it

...and that's all Ive gotten so far.