CPLD

Hello! I've created a CPLD-based Arduino-compatable controller that can act as a shield or be stand alone. I'm opening it up for beta testing for those who are interested. Please visit my site for more details and to get involved in testing: http://majolsurf.net/wordpress

The Amani 64:

In short, The Amani 64 is a low-cost entry-level CPLD development kit, stackable with the Arduino, other Amanis, and Arduino-compatible shields. As the project grows, higher-density variants of the board will become available, including FPGAs. Also available for test are application-specific interface modules as well as a low-cost USB-based JTAG programmer. While the Amani 64 is only a 64 logic cell device, I have found it to be quite useful as a stand-alone board as well as supplement to the Arduino in various projects I'm doing thus far. The board is "multi-stackable" thus allowing for a data-bus to be created between the Arduino, multiple Amanis, and shields on the PB/PD connectors.

I'm pretty excited about it and think Arduino fans will be too. I'm happy to be in the beta test phase so I can get feedback from folks in the field and free up my time to play with it more. Please contact me if you are interested! Thanks!