New optiboot; beta testers welcome...

Hi westfw,

westfw:
I've been working on the Arduino copy of optiboot, and have a new version that could use some testing.
Hex file (for m328) attached. Source and stuff at https://github.com/WestfW/Arduino

Yesterday I started a new optiboot clone at google code which includes almost the same changes to the original optiboot you also mentioned :grin:

My main focus was to integrate the BlueController board in the Arduino environment. The BlueController includes a Bluetooth module BTM-222 onboard (just like the Arduino-BT), but using my modified optiboot bootloader, the download of sketches works much more reliable as on the Arduino-BT!

Some additions were necessary for the BlueController which can be useful for any other boards which don't support auto-reset, even for the Arduino-BT. Currently I use the #define BLUECONTROLLER to distinguish between the BlueController board and other boards, but it makes sense to use multiple #defines for hardware specific code (like the LED pin number) and the support of the longer timeout for boards without auto-reset.

Is there a reason using GitHub instead of Google code? I wanted to merge back my changes to the original optiboot branch, therefore I used Google code. The most obvious advantage is that my project is directly linked together with the original project. Actually I wouldn't have started the new clone if I had seen yours before.

Michael