About the tradmark "arduino"

May I manufacture the arduino officail product without make agreement with arduino team? I was manufacture the arduino UNO R3 board,And I list on ebay for sale,The name I was write as

"UNO R3 ATMEGA328P-PU IO Board manufactured from the Arduino USB schematic&Layout"

But ebay was remove my listing and restrict my account,I was see the arduino FAQ about make official board ,there was writing :

"If you'd like to manufacture these without making an agreement with us, you need to call them something like "ATmega168 i/o board manufactured from the Arduino USB schematic and layout" or "L293D PCB manufactured from the Arduino motor controller shield files". Please understand that the revenue from the sale of existing products is essential to being able to afford to design new ones - and to manufacture them in quantities sufficient to make them affordable. While you are free to use the layouts, we think it's only fair that anything called "Arduino" is contributing to the future of the project. "

So,Did anyone can help me reach arduino team ,I was sent a mail to team@arduino.cc,but not have any responded.I would like to agreement with arduino team to manufactured the official hardware,Or I would like to make arduino-compitible hardware with approve from the arduino team.

May I manufacture the arduino officail product without make agreement with arduino team?

No that is called passing off and is illegal.

I would like to agreement with arduino team to manufactured the official hardware,

What makes you think they will endorse this? They will have no revenue and no control over quality.

I would like to make arduino-compitible hardware with approve from the arduino team.

That is more possible but you can't call it an arduino.

Did anyone can help me reach arduino team

Send Massimo a PM on this web site.

That is more possible but you can't call it an arduino.

According arduino policy:

"If you'd like to manufacture these without making an agreement with us, you need to call them something like "ATmega168 i/o board manufactured from the Arduino USB schematic and layout" or "L293D PCB manufactured from the Arduino motor controller shield files". Please understand that the revenue from the sale of existing products is essential to being able to afford to design new ones - and to manufacture them in quantities sufficient to make them affordable. While you are free to use the layouts, we think it's only fair that anything called "Arduino" is contributing to the future of the project. "

So,Can I make a R3 board ,for example I called: "XXXXXX Board manufactured from the Arduino UNO R3 schematic and layout",Can I list this title on ebay or other online webstore?

I will not name my board call an arduino,but I just declear to buyer this is manufactured from Arduino schematic and layout?Did this is illegal?

Do not use the word Arduino in any part of the name of the board. You can mention the Arduinoness of the board in the description but not the name. Also make it look different, have say a red or green solder mask in place of the blue, do not have the same markings on it. Do not put the FCC symbol on it because although you think it is the same design FCC will not.

Do not use the word Arduino in any part of the name of the board. You can mention the Arduinoness of the board in the description but not the name. Also make it look different, have say a red or green solder mask in place of the blue, do not have the same markings on it. Do not put the FCC symbol on it because although you think it is the same design FCC will not.

Thank you very much for your reply,But I double check the arduino FAQ,There is declear as below:

What should I call my boards?

If you're making your own board, come up with your own name! This will allow people identify you with your products and help you to build a brand. Be creative: try to suggest what people might use the board for, or emphasize the form factor, or just pick a random word that sounds cool. "Arduino" is a trademark of Arduino team and should not be used for unofficial variants. If you're interested in having your design included in the official Arduino product line, please see the So you want to make an Arduino document and contact the Arduino team.
While unofficial products should not have "Arduino" in their name, it's okay to describe your product in relation to the Arduino project and platform. Here are a few guidelines that explain which uses we consider reasonable. Not okay:
Arduino Xxxxxx
Xxxxxx Arduino
Arduino Compatible Xxxxxx - use "Xxxxxx (Arduino-Compatible)" instead

Okay:
Xxxxxx for Arduino - products that work with official Arduino boards (e.g. shields or kits)
Xxxxxx (Arduino-Compatible) - variations and clones which are software and hardware compatible

Note that while we don't attempt to restrict uses of the "duino" suffix, its use causes the Italians on the team to cringe (apparently it sounds terrible); you might want to avoid it. (It's also trademarked by a Hungarian company.)

So,could you tell me,Can I name my board XXXXXXX(Arduino-Compatible)

Thank you very much.

What should I call my boards?

Tarquin.

So,could you tell me,Can I name my board XXXXXXX(Arduino-Compatible)

Yes that should be OK.

Yes that should be OK.

Thank you very much,are you from arduino team,I still can't reach arduino team,Do you have any idea can contact to arduino trademark owner?

No I am not from the arduino team, but I did meet them once.

jonywu:
May I manufacture the arduino officail product without make agreement with arduino team? I was manufacture the arduino UNO R3 board,And I list on ebay for sale,The name I was write as

I wouldn't be surprise if the only response you get from the team is the sound of the delete button.

The Arduino Team is very proud of how they manufacturer the official Arduino boards, and I doubt very much they would endorse a copy of their work.

If you spend more than a few minutes looking into the project you would see that boards which are uniquely different from the existing boards, in some cases, get the attention of the Arduino team. Clones and copies, do not.

Create something new and useful instead of just copying what exists.

I wouldn't be surprise if the only response you get from the team is the sound of the delete button.

The Arduino Team is very proud of how they manufacturer the official Arduino boards, and I doubt very much they would endorse a copy of their work.

If you spend more than a few minutes looking into the project you would see that boards which are uniquely different from the existing boards, in some cases, get the attention of the Arduino team. Clones and copies, do not.

Create something new and useful instead of just copying what exists.

Yes,I will,Thank you very much,But I need the arduino-compitible this for keyword serching,If without this word,The buyer can't find my product,And they don't know what they are use for.