Speech Recognition with BitVoicer and Arduino

HELLO try to download and does not open the page

http://www.justbuss.xpg.com.br/BitVoicerTest.zip

please can you send me the file, thanks

email: OESTE24@HOTMAIL.COM

Well, I just tried the link and it works perfectly. I think you should try it again.

Hi,
I'm a beginner to Arduino and I am looking to build something along the lines of your project. I have downloaded and activated Bitvoicer. But for your uploaded Bitvoicer Schema, the link doesn't work for some reason. It eventually shows a domain for sale and is unable to be saved as. Is there any other place where I can take a look at the schema used? Or is there instructions on how to build it? I have a windows computer if that is relevant.

Thanks.

I also uploaded the file to http://www.4shared.com/zip/Q6uYrzguba/BitVoicerTest.html

Questions: Does the software work with the Arduino Due? Also, the sample code with the new BitVoicer software and #include <BitVoicer11.h> doesn't compile at all. Also, I am using a 64-bit version of BitVoicer. Please help asap. Thanks.

I found that it doesn't work with the Due, but I still have compilation problems with the Uno. Please help.

I recently installed the last version of the Arduino IDE and had the same problem. The developer support told me to install the previous version of the Arduino IDE (not the new beta one) which solved the problem. I could also download a new installation package from their site and reinstall BitVoicer.

So I've installed the latest version of Bitvoicer, and am trying to use an Arduino board to do what you accomplished. But there is a problem with the code here:

BitVoicerSerial bitVoicer = BitVoicerSerial(0);

It says "no matching function for call to 'Bitvoicer::BitvoicerSerial(int)'

What does this mean and how can I fix it? I'm using the Bitvoicer11.h library, which I believe is the latest one.

Also, when I try your schema, this message pops up:
"No recognizer of the required ID found."
What does this mean? Am I missing something?

Have you copied the library files to the correct folder in the Arduino IDE installation folder? There are instructions about it in the manual.

I cannot help you with the second error you mentioned. Maibe their support can help.

I had the same errors you are seeing.

I put the .h and .cpp files from the BitVoicer library in the arduino project folder and reopened my project. It now has both files shown as tabs. I then changed the include from <> to "" (double quotes) to include it as a cpp file.

#include <BitVoicer.h> --> #include "BitVoicer.h"

I don't have the bits to make this work yet but I am able to compile the code. Hope this helps.

m not able to find bitvoicer library :~ pls help me...

Looks like it's back up now
http://www.bitsophia.com/files/BitVoicerSetup_v12_x86.exe
http://www.bitsophia.com/files/BitVoicerSetup_v12_x64.exe

I uploaded the version I had locally in case you still can't access the other ones

Hey, i've managed to implement this in c# and visual studio. Look for the SpeechRecognitionEngine class (SpeechRecognitionEngine Class (System.Speech.Recognition) | Microsoft Learn). It uses the built-in windows 7 speech recognition feature and any usb mike connected to the computer.

Something like this:

class SpeechRecConsole
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {            
            // Create an in-process speech recognizer for the en-US locale.
            using (
            SpeechRecognitionEngine recognizer =
              new SpeechRecognitionEngine(
                new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("en-US")))
            {

// Create and load a dictation grammar.
                recognizer.LoadGrammar(new DictationGrammar());

// Add a handler for the speech recognized event.
                recognizer.SpeechRecognized +=
                  new EventHandler<SpeechRecognizedEventArgs>(recognizer_SpeechRecognized);

// Configure input to the speech recognizer.
                recognizer.SetInputToDefaultAudioDevice();

// Start asynchronous, continuous speech recognition.
                recognizer.RecognizeAsync(RecognizeMode.Multiple);

// Keep the console window open.
                while (true)
                {
                    Console.ReadLine();
                }
            }
        }

// Handle the SpeechRecognized event.
        static void recognizer_SpeechRecognized(object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Result.Text.ToLower() == "lights on") {
                 SerialPort port = new SerialPort("COM6", 9600);
                port.Open();
                port.Write("lights on!!");
                port.Close();
        }
}

Wow that's pretty cool Petrovinsky. I'm always thinking about how I should start learning visual studio and more c++.

Is there a way to program the whole BitVoicer sketch onto the Arduino so that it can run as a standalone unit without having to connect it to the computer and starting BitVoicer every time? I feel like this might be very difficult or impossible because you would have to write the entire BitVoicer program onto the Arduino. Any thoughts?

Natemiester:
Hey, so I tried to upload your sketch, and I got the error "bitvoicerserial does not name a type"? any ideas?

means your library isnt linking into the sketch properly, im having the same problem atm, by pc is usually a pain when bringing in new libraries, trouble is, i cant remember what i did last time this happened :l did you get anywhere with it?

I got Bitvoicer to work with an Arduino Uno. However, when I switched to using a Arduino Pro Mini (3.3V, 8MHz), I was unable to calibrate the microphone on the BitVoice desktop program. I am getting "0 samples per second" and "Invalid Reference Audio Level"

Anyone got this problem too and manage to solve it? I know its got something to do with the serial command from the PC to the arduino thats initiates the calibration process. Its somehow just not receiving that command.

Have you guys seen this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/310865303/movi-a-standalone-speech-recognizer-shield-for-ard/
?

Hi, I am new, but a very experienced engineer. I wanted to let all know that when I ran Norton Power Eraser , which is an incredible virus detection tool for free, that is caught Bitvoicer1.2 in it's detection as a virus. I know that Bitvoicer sends computer info back to Sophia for verification, but I do not know what else it can do. I am, of course , suspicious, for every time I clean my computer, a PC, Windows 7, 64 bit, it picks up Bitvoicer and wants to clear just the setup file and shortcut. Just wanted to let all of you know so you don't do what I did and accidentally erase my only copy of Bivoicer1.1, but Sophia cam to the rescue and gave me great customer service. ? It leaves the application in the program files. I made a backup this time !!!

Bitvoicer works very well for my A/C control. I am working on other projects also. I am excited to get the new MOVI shield as mentioned by Tractor before me. . Thanks a great deal for the tip !!

Hello sketchart ! I found the NGE also while installing a VPN and it is also used to keep one off the blacklist in case any viruses get into the machine. I had the same problem, but it allows one to just ignore by not selecting a check box. Unzbin is also cauht in it's web. I have been very successful with BitVoicer and the NGE tool is excellent, outstanding. Look at MXToolbox under blacklisting and it gives so much good advice on the subject.

I have not had a Trojan in months because of that one Tool !! I cannot believe it is free.

Also, does anyone have success in running an Arduino Uno R3 with Bitvoicer w/o the USB cable. It seems that if I apply external Vcc that it should run with the electret microphone.

Thanks for the Reminder

hi
can you give me the library(BitVoicer.h)