Migrating Mac to PC Arduino Library

I just upgraded from a Mac to a PC and I am trying to import my Arduino Library. I copied the contents of my Arduino folder from the Mac Directory and placed them inside of the PC's Arduino folder. When I go to upload example sketches, it works fine but if I go to upload or even verify a sketch that has a user made library, I get an error saying the directory for the .h file is missing although I just copied and pasted the folders. I am unsure if it has something to do with going from Mac to PC or version 0022 to version 1.0. I am aware of some changes like wire.receive is now wire.read and other changes. I tried to google search for anyone with a similar problem but got nothing. Did 1.0 change the file structure?

Thanks

"Upgraded". Come on, really? The word is migrated not "upgraded"!

Sounds a bit like a downgrade.

You have to quit the IDE and restart it for it to find the libraries.

Shez, I just went from a laptop from 2007 to a 2012 desktop. I'd consider it an upgrade. My old Mac struggles to play YouTube videos now days. :*

Anyways, I have tried to restart the program, but I still get the error for missing .h files. I am at work right now so I can't copy the exact error message. Another thing I notice, I have a max7456 library that had a few mistakes. I corrected them and was able to use them in 0022 on the Mac with no problem at all. When I run the arduino program on my windows machine and verify the sketch, the error from the old uncorrected version comes back. I think it might be the file structure of arduino 1.0, not entirely sure

I've been using a mac to do Arduino program for a while. I have to agree with the OP that it sounds more like an upgrade. It seems like lately everything is harder to do on the Mac, for example, where are the built-in libraries hidden on the mac if I need to adjust pins?

Right-click -> Show Package Contents. Then Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino

I don't know about mac but if you run arduino sketch on a PC, you will need to specify the path to the arduino sketches folder. The user libraries are inside the sketch folder so if you don't specify its location, arduino can't find those libraries. Arduino keeps its standard libraries in its own folders so no problem with those. For upgrading to arduino 1.0, you will need to watch our a few things. Have a look at this:

dhunt:

That's laughable. It surly sounds like the "mac is always better than PC" logic with no solid grounds. Better not use this with arduino against other platforms. Everything has something good, unless it is a mac, oops I just used it against mac. :stuck_out_tongue:

I copied the contents of my Arduino folder from the Mac Directory and placed them inside of the PC's Arduino folder

Did you just copy the entire Arduino.app folder to C:\Program Files, or what exactly did you copy?

I think you'd need to copy the libraries you'd want from

Arduino.app / Contents / Resources / Java / Libraries

to

c:\Program Files \ Arduino \ Libraries

Regarding Mac vs PC, I'm not touching that one with a ten foot logic probe.

liudr:

dhunt:

That's laughable. It surly sounds like the "mac is always better than PC" logic with no solid grounds. Better not use this with arduino against other platforms. Everything has something good, unless it is a mac, oops I just used it against mac. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah it's called "tounge in cheek", but it's semi- serious based on experience :P. I'm not biased towards Macs or against PCs. Any OS switch to Windows strikes me as a downgrade (e.g from OSX, Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, etc). You can upgrade that new PC by upgrading its OS ]:smiley:

You can tell that to those that just "upgraded" their ipad 2 from IOS 4 to 5.