LCD simulation on Serial Monitor

Ciao,
I broke my LCD, while waiting for the new one, I would like to know if it is possible to simulate the LCD output on the Serial Monitor on the PC, so I can check if my sketch is working.
( I just want to see what is displayed on the LCD).
Thanks

I would like to know if it is possible to simulate the LCD output on the Serial Monitor on the PC, so I can check if my sketch is working.

Depends on what your sketch does. You can send data to the serial port that the Serial Monitor connects to. The Serial Monitor is not limited to n rows of m columns, though, and does not wrap to the next line when the current one gets full. And, of course, it doesn't do graphics.

Well, I just want to check if my sketch is doing what is suppose to do .... I use Menwiz menu, and without reading my LCD display I am not able to see if it's working, so if I can display what I would see on the LCD ... (there is no graphic, it's just a 16x2 LCD ) I can check my code while waiting the new LCD.
Thanks

Here is a thought (meaning you need to fill in lots of detail to implement)

Take a copy of the LCD library, call it SLCD. In the copied library file remove all the digitalWrite etc that go to the LCD and instead put a Serial.print of something appropiate.

In your actual program you now only need to exchange the "include" to the modified library.

Oh and when you have done so, and it works, other users here would probably love to get a copy (use the exhibition forum or create a page on the Playground ... or maybe it already exists?)

If you use a terminal emulator instead of the serial monitor, you could code the corresponding terminal escape sequences into the serial output stream (for cursor positioning etc) so that the terminal emulator mimics the behaviour and appearance of the LCD.

I thought that something like this was a possible for my sketch too ...
http://code.google.com/p/m2tklib/wiki/t07

Msquare:

Take a copy of the LCD library, call it SLCD. In the copied library file remove all the digitalWrite etc that go to the LCD and instead put a Serial.print of something appropiate.

this is what olikraus has done in his library, isn't it ?