Sparkfun Openlog Issues

I am trying to enter into command mode with the openlog but every time I send "Ctrl-z" it just gets stored onto the SD card. In fact, I even changed the format in the config file so I would send 0 (ascii, 48 decimal) and the same thing happened. Could it be that I need to update the firmware? One time I sent read LOG00136.TXT and I received back 111Error card.init, but other then that I haven't received anything back. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

How many times are you sending CTRL-z and with what program?
Do the example sketches work? Specifically the OpenLog_CommandTest.ino sketch as it's doing what you want (entering command mode).

The OpenLog_commandTest.ino creates a file on the sd card but any command I throw at it (through the arduino serial monitor) just gets written onto the card. For example, if I type "?" in the serial monitor, it doesn't respond with a list of commands like it should, rather the "?" just gets written to the card.

My main objective is to get the card to dump all of its data back through the UART to another microcontroller, so I'd really rather not use another arduino to do this. I am trying to open command mode in Putty. Upon start up I do get the initial command of "12<", but then to send the "ctrl-z" commands do I actually type in "ctrl-z", press ctrl-z 3 times, or type in 26 for ascii equivalent? None of the options seem to be working.

You can't send Ctrl-Z with the Arduino serial monitor, and you seem to have that part correct.

Just press (and hold) the Ctrl key on your keyboard and press (and release) "Z" three times.

Check the setup on the Openlog's SD card config file. (load the card into a PC.)

Yes, the config file confirms I need to hit ctrl-z (ascii 26) 3 times to enter command mode, but unfortunately I get no reply back.