Opel TID Display

Back in town with some news. I've got a new power supply, and I bought an 8 Letters TID from an Astra F. I switched back to Basic_Functions.ino, which worked pretty good, I can display any text up to eight Letters on this TID. Using the library doesnt work properly. Displaying a short text results in flickering the display, 1 second text, 1 second empty, and so on. I cant judge the scrolling, there is scrolling something, but there is the same flickering. A speed of '4' seems to be the right for me, with 128 the TID isnt quick enough to display letters readable.

Now using my 10 Letters TID: with Basic_Functions.ino, text ist beeing displayed for 4 seconds, 62 seconds blank, 4 seconds text, and after further 75 seconds I gave up waiting. The library isnt working at all.

I didn't mention in the PDF that the arrow J> is the Red/White connector ('gorgeous' put red/grey) that tells the display to display the date or the text string. This wire is just the antenna-power wire given out by the radio that is meant for electric aerials, which tells them to rise or drop when the radio is switched on/off.

My radio always powers this pin, regardless of radio or not, TP or not. In my car, the Pin 5 in the ISO is connected to the antenna amplifier and also to the red/white wire to the TID. Cutting the red/white wire lets the TID always display the date. Cutting the thicker wire on the radio disables the antenna amplifier.

I have made another discovery. Inbetween stop_tid() and start_tid(), a delay of maximum 30ms is allowed, otherwise the display clears the screen. I am using some code like this

char light[12];
for ( int i = 0; i < 70; i++ )
    {
        start_tid();
        tid_address(0x94);
        tid_data(0);
        tid_data(0);
        //tid_data(0);            // delete if 8 Letters

//tid_data(light[1]);     // delete if 8 Letters
        tid_data(light[2]);
        tid_data(light[3]);
        tid_data(light[4]);
        tid_data(light[5]);
        tid_data(light[6]);
        tid_data(light[7]);
        tid_data(light[8]);
        tid_data(light[9]);
        //tid_data(light[10]);    // delete if 8 Letters

stop_tid();

*/delay(30)

a delay of 30ms works at the 8 Letter TID, more than 30ms not.