Osh Park - file security?

I'm trying out OshPark for some prototype boards.

My question is, if you submit a PCB job via OshPark.com, does that PCB end up being "shared" to others, i.e. becoming open source hardware?
In other words, would I see my PCBs for sale at the manufacturer's site without my permission?
I hope not.

Who's the real PCB manufacturer behind OshPark? Anyone knows? Thanks!

I can't help you with who the actual manufacturer is, but no they don't share your board design.

I've used the service several times - nothing but good things to say.

Ditto the good experience with OSH Park, they do very good work, very nice quality boards. They do save the boards you submit, they can be seen once you're logged in, so they should only be available to you, but like anything, one should assume a non-zero risk in such a situation. To be clear, that is a general statement and not at all a comment on OSH Park in particular; I have no reason to think they don't do an excellent job from a security standpoint.

I'd also be interested to know where their boards are made. I might ask, they seem like friendly enough folks.

Thanks guys.

vasquo:
I'm trying out OshPark for some prototype boards.

My question is, if you submit a PCB job via OshPark.com, does that PCB end up being "shared" to others, i.e. becoming open source hardware?
In other words, would I see my PCBs for sale at the manufacturer's site without my permission?
I hope not.

No! Definitely not. Although my purpose is to help people designing open source hardware, a lot of people (and companies) submit closed source designs. They're only shared with the fab (in Illinois), and only then as one small part of a much larger panel.

As a service, I'll sometimes premake boards and list them on store.oshpark.com in single quantities for communities that are ordering a bunch of a single board, but only by the request of or permission of the designer.

Laen:
store.oshpark.com

Cool, I was not aware of the store page!

Thank Laen.

When I tried to upload a file, the webpage asked me for a Description of my project... and read something to the effect of the description will be helpful to other people (I'm paraphrasing).

So I'm thinking "Why does it care? It's my project.... not unless this board I'll upload will end up being shared to other people?" That got me thinking.

Glad to hear from you that user PCB uploads won't be shared with other people. Thanks for the confirmation.