Metal imaging system

x

aaronadams3:
My biggest problem is how to plug hundreds of sensors into the arduino.

I suggest you need to get one sensor working and show that it does what you want before you worry about the practicalities of making a hundred of them.

x

What sort of effect are you expecting to measure after a second?

aaronadams3:
I put a piece of metal in the cup to pick up the current and hopefully hold the charge long enough for the AO wire to measure a voltage.

Is this a recognised detection technique? It does not strike me as a particularly promising approach.

It should pick up residual voltage traces left in the metal object after the current is blinked off.

Yes the electrical resisitivity and induced polarization techniques have been used for over a hundred years. I think it started during the california gold rush.

But after one second?
Really?

aaronadams3:
It should pick up residual voltage traces left in the metal object after the current is blinked off.

That is pure rubbish. It is just snake oil, that is not how electricity works.

x

x

x

That link is fine, how you are interpreting it is rubbish.
Terms like residiual voltage traces are pure rubbish as is the way you are testing it.
It dosn't work you said, that is not news, what would be news is if you got some sort of effect from that test. You are totally missunderstanding how geophysical measurements work.
These sorts of effects are observable in bulk ground measurements, not with a lump of metal in a cup.

OP, I think you're confused about timescales.
One thousand milliseconds is one whole second.
Any effects you're likely to measure will be on the milli or micro second scale.

I think you will need some pretty fancy analog processing before you even get to the arduino input, this is one of the reasons I gave up on the Proton magnetometer, trying to dig the fading signal out of the noise after energising the target.

x

x

x

x

x